Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
Glad they were very dry and in a dry location or the plastic would have drawn damp, though I guess it is a toss up, if they are in cardboard or similar then they are at risk for insects...not sure what the recommended long term storage method is for fabrics? Though the plastic bags worked just fine for yours.
smile.png
Probably just luck that they kept so well, I guess. The attic was very hot and very dry most of the time. I think you're supposed to wrap quilts in acid-free paper or something for storage, but the old timers had no idea about that.

Hello, speckledhen! I just found this thread of yours. I love your quilts! You do such beautiful work! I enjoyed looking at your work here. I wish that I would have learned how to make some. It seems that for the most part, quilting like you do has become a lost art.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I am still not all that adept at machine quilting, but my carpal tunnel makes it too hard to complete big projects by hand anymore. At least, I'm still quilting, right? I had all but given it up before I decided to let go my perfectionism and get a good machine to learn with.

Cyn, I had both my hands operated on for carpal tunnel - 5 years apart. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Never a problem again after I had it done. My cousin, a P.A., says that it is one of the few operations that has mostly 100% success. I was having trouble driving, crocheting, sleeping, even just working at my computer at work. I've never had a single problem since the surgeries. And they were one day surgeries and very easy to recover from.

Cyn, I had both my hands operated on for carpal tunnel - 5 years apart. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Never a problem again after I had it done. My cousin, a P.A., says that it is one of the few operations that has mostly 100% success. I was having trouble driving, crocheting, sleeping, even just working at my computer at work. I've never had a single problem since the surgeries. And they were one day surgeries and very easy to recover from.
Maybe one day, if it gets worse. I think they'd classify mine as minor. It doesn't always bother me, just when I do repetitive and/or fine work that requires good control or type a lot on the keyboard.

Stunning quilts!!
Thank you!

The quilting on our Falling Leaves queen size quilt is complete. I wish I had enough of the backing to fold over for the binding but will have to make that tomorrow from either the brownish-orange outer border fabric or something else. Not my favorite thing to do. But, soon, she will be on my bed, finally!

The quilting on our Falling Leaves queen size quilt is complete. I wish I had enough of the backing to fold over for the binding but will have to make that tomorrow from either the brownish-orange outer border fabric or something else. Not my favorite thing to do. But, soon, she will be on my bed, finally!

Very beautiful work, and nice fall colors! I wish I knew how to do all of that. I love quilts like the ones that you make.

LOVE!

Back
Top Bottom