Grrr, Wanting Something for Nothing & No Appreciation for Fine Hand Quilting....A Rare Speckledhen

Pics
It makes you feel great when they gush though
1f609.png
yes, it does.

I gave a family member what I thought was a beautiful shirt. He made a face. I asked if it was the wrong size or....." In reply I got "I hate it." Good thing I don't have feelings.
hit.gif
This was an adult professional person.

People should just say 'thank you," and out of sight do what they want with it.
How rude! I'm sorry that happened to you. We all have feelings. Apparently, some folks were raised in a barn, completely without manners (no offense meant to horses, who, at least, I understand). I agree, say thank you, if for no other reason than someone thought of you and made the effort to get or make something for you. It's just simple courtesy, which seems to have gone the way of common sense.

I cannot understand why someone would want to throw something like one of these on the floor to begin with. I guess that it would be the same type of people walk right next to a trash recepticle on the street corners and then throw their trash on the ground instead.
Maybe so. I didn't get it, either.
idunno.gif

I was reading your posts of how your family has reacted to getting handmade item, how awful, shame on them. I hate it when people don't understand or appreciate the time and cost we put into our quilts. The pics of your quilts are just stunning,

This is my new project I'm working on my 3D quilt and then the last picture the quilt went to it's new home. The color contrast isn't as sharp as I had envisioned it but once started and had the fabric for it I felt committed.

@katsdar I love the block! I've done some attic windows quilts and I have a book on illusion quilts, but most of those are beyond my skill level. You did great! Thanks for posting it.
Thanks, this one is really easy the hardest part is the cutting, but now I say that and I have 4 more blocks to go which are a different pattern. Please share what book you have on the illusion quilts, I'm getting addicted to these, lol

I was reading your posts of how your family has reacted to getting handmade item, how awful, shame on them. I hate it when people don't understand or appreciate the time and cost we put into our quilts. The pics of your quilts are just stunning, This is my new project I'm working on my 3D quilt and then the last picture the quilt went to it's new home. The color contrast isn't as sharp as I had envisioned it but once started and had the fabric for it I felt committed.
Beautiful!

Thanks, this one is really easy the hardest part is the cutting, but now I say that and I have 4 more blocks to go which are a different pattern. Please share what book you have on the illusion quilts, I'm getting addicted to these, lol

I can't find my book right now, but it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Magical-Effects-Color-Joen-Wolfrom/dp/0914881531/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

I made this attic windows years ago. I've made a couple of them, back when I hand quilted everything.

Last edited:
That is absolutely beautiful and a steal for what you charged. People who do not quilt often do not realize the time and effort involved, not to mention the cost of the supplies. Blow it off as ignorance talking - that's all it is.

Kristy

That is absolutely beautiful and a steal for what you charged. People who do not quilt often do not realize the time and effort involved, not to mention the cost of the supplies. Blow it off as ignorance talking - that's all it is.

Kristy

Thank you, Kristy. I think that's probably it, or most of it. I wonder if it's left over from when Grandma cut up old clothes to make quilts. So many were from polyester or any fabric or shirts and such she had laying around, so she really didn't purchase fabric, or not much of it. But, still, most of those old quilts were hand quilted, as I have done for over 30 years (though my hands won't allow much of that now) and those take a great deal of time.

I'm sure I mentioned on this thread that I completed a large quilt for a 94 yr old woman whose eyesight could no longer allow her to do her hand quilting. Her granddaughter who hired me for the job told me that most everyone in the family had been given quilts made by her, some just didn't appreciate them at all, and one was even found in someone's dog house. I can't imagine what possessed them to do that, even if it needed repairs.

Last edited:
Quote:
IN A DOG HOUSE - oh my lord you almost gave me a stroke. People - SMH. I'm very lucky. My husband has 4 sisters who can't even sew on a button. I make them something every year for Christmas. they literally jump up and down when they see what I've made them, and it always has a place of honor in their home. Makes me WANT to quilt for them. Last year everyone got a quilt - I made 6......and enjoyed every minute

Kristy

Back
Top Bottom