Guess my breed......

Definitely part rouen. Momma has strips over her eyes, but is a mix of rouen and another breed and daddy is something different too. I am just curious if some of the experts can tell by looking at Archie what the mix is. Its a three way mix since Mom is a cross.

Yep, I was worried about hatching since my hen was sitting on them and this baby hatched yesterday evening when i got home and we have one more waiting to see when it will hatch. We had a bad third egg that got kicked out of nest that I was worried about. This little one is healthy so far and loves being held. Hoping other one hatches soon so it has friend, until then, its kept company by a stuffy and hanging out with me at work, since my boss gave me ok to bring my portable brooder in.

Yep, I was worried about hatching since my hen was sitting on them and this baby hatched yesterday evening when i got home and we have one more waiting to see when it will hatch. We had a bad third egg that got kicked out of nest that I was worried about. This little one is healthy so far and loves being held. Hoping other one hatches soon so it has friend, until then, its kept company by a stuffy and hanging out with me at work, since my boss gave me ok to bring my portable brooder in.
Oh Okay now I remember. How nice you can bring the baby to work with you. Hope your next duckling hatches

So it turns out the last egg did not make it all the way through developing and when I went to check last night, something looked wrong, I poked little hole to look and sure enough, it was only partly developed and rotting. My DH and I are going to look for another duckling to grow up with Archie hopefully this weekend. Temporarily until it gets little bigger, its coming to work with me until then.

So it turns out the last egg did not make it all the way through developing and when I went to check last night, something looked wrong, I poked little hole to look and sure enough, it was only partly developed and rotting. My DH and I are going to look for another duckling to grow up with Archie hopefully this weekend. Temporarily until it gets little bigger, its coming to work with me until then.
I am sorry about the one not making it.

I hope you can find lil Archie some friends, that is great you can take him to work so he has company.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom