guess what i found in my chick cage this morning...

mhwc56

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
my house in maryland
i am soooooo NOT HAPPY right now!
i went out to tend the coturnix and found a 3+ foot long black snake FULL to almost bursting with 6 of my 2 week old breeding project chicks.............
hit.gif
somad.gif
hit.gif

although i wont kill it ,it will be going on a VERY LONG trip far far away!!

I came home not long ago and found a black snake in with my almost fully grown bantams. He had eaten "Leland" our biggest pet!!
somad.gif
He sealed his fate because he could not get back through the wire. I like black snakes and king snakes to hang around to eat mice and other snakes, but this one had gone too far. Normally I would have relocated him but he really made me mad and I, with no bad feelings what so ever, cut off his head and threw him down the hill. Sometimes you have to make a stand for your chicks.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
that is my major problem right now. Snakes! I would really slay it because it will travel back to it's food source
sad.png
so sorry Martha! I feel your pain
sad.png

i 'm very tempted to just do it in but ... i just can't...it was only doing what came natural to it. i do know it would return if i let it go locally. i told my folks in georgia i was sending it to them! LOL really haven't decided where it's going yet.
of all the birds to choose to eat WQHY did it have to eat my project birds though?!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom