Guesses on Sebastopol genders? 3 new goslings

Diamond Wire Farms

Songster
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Placerville, CA
So I realize this is not the Gender/Sex forum. But I need the goose experts to confirm something:

Here are the 3 new Sebbie goslings.

The lower two are whites.
* The bottom one is almost certainly a female.
* What about the top right? It has distinct head and "saddle" coloration patches but they are silvery blue not gray like the lower goslings.

* The top left gosling is a lavender. Can you even make educated guesses at this stage? Or is it vent sex only with lavenders?

77358_2011-05-14_16-21-23_582.jpg

Thank you!

**edits to fix my lisdexia and make the gosling locations in photo more clear**

Last edited:
There are only 3 goslings in this photo. (Our 4th is much older & outside already.)

In this photo:
2 white goslings : Top right & bottom.
Lavender gosling: Top left.
I will edit the top post to make the placement more clear.

Last edited:
There is no way of telling with colored Sebastopols, I'd recommend vent sexing them.
I vent sexed Balbinka as a baby (blue splash). It's pretty easy if you have a cooperative gosling!
Although it looks like 2 males and 1 female, you should definitely vent sex them.

Thanks Jasmine. Everytime I look at the questionable white one I change my mind. In some light boy in other light girl.
It the patches that have me confused. I thought boys were supposed to be uniformly yellow or silvery, but this gosling has distinct silver patches on half of his head and then the saddle region. A mystery for sure....

I know, I need to vent sex them. The ridiculous weather is keeping busy.

Back
Top Bottom