Guinea attacked by turkey

Mama Farley

Songster
Sep 6, 2018
Our guinea was attacked by a turkey hen. It looked like the hen wanted to mate. Since, the guinea won’t lift her head much. I was wondering about an Epsom salt bath for her/ him. Does it work for guineas?

Generally I just leave them to heal. You can use wound spray. It will take about 2 weeks for it to start to feel better, but it does depend on how much damage. How deep is the wound.

Turkeys should be housed separately as they can often harass other poultry species, and it can be deadly. When a turkey wishes to mate they lay down in front of the Tom. They do not peck at them.

Generally I just leave them to heal. You can use wound spray. It will take about 2 weeks for it to start to feel better, but it does depend on how much damage. How deep is the wound.

Turkeys should be housed separately as they can often harass other poultry species, and it can be deadly. When a turkey wishes to mate they lay down in front of the Tom. They do not peck at them.
The guinea is doing well. She is getting around. What I meant by trying to mate was that the turkey hen was on top of the guinea hen and pulling at the back of her neck. I guess it’s time to build another coop.

The guinea is doing well. She is getting around. What I meant by trying to mate was that the turkey hen was on top of the guinea hen and pulling at the back of her neck. I guess it’s time to build another coop.
That's just aggression. Definitely get them separated. I'm glad the guinea is doing okay

Back
Top Bottom