Guinea fowl, young & older in northern Colorado

tranquiliti

Crowing
Oct 26, 2021
Colorado, USA
Boulder county, CO

Guinea hen (lavender) with cock (pied, possibly Jumbo?), estimated age 4 years.
Although I’ve been smitten with them personally, they are not behaving well with my other flock members and I want to see them living a happy life.

I also have 5+ keets available, hatched in August by incubator & raised in a heated brooder. By this time they are spending portions of some days at ambient temperature in the company of older keets. 4 Pearl gray and the remainder pied.

Update: Down to​
  • 3 pearl-gray pullets (“Spaz,” “Growing,” “MayB”)
  • 1-2 pied pullets (“Close,” “Close3”)
  • 2-3 cockerels (2 pied: “Junior” and “Av” then one lavender pied “Lav”)
  • and lavender 4-y/o hen (“Fortuna”).
    • Her mate went exploring during Labor Day weekend and was taken by a fox.

IMG_0097.jpeg

On the left is most likely “Av” and on the right is “Lav” (pied lavender) hatched mid-July.

Most of the guineas in this clip are referenced in this post as available: the 4-year-old hen is seen near the end of the clip, and just 2 of the keets shown are ones I’m hoping to retain (the lavender pullet & the smallest pied pullet).

Last edited:
I hope things worked out well for you and the Guineas?
Thanks for inquiring!
I was sitting today in my car, reflecting on the dismal state of my life when I remembered that I hadn’t responded to your question yet.

At this time I still have all 13 birds, and whether I can end up keeping any of them is a daunting question. There is a semiannual livestock sale to occur in April, and maybe they’ll be purchased then.

Thanks for inquiring!
I was sitting today in my car, reflecting on the dismal state of my life when I remembered that I hadn’t responded to your question yet.

At this time I still have all 13 birds, and whether I can end up keeping any of them is a daunting question. There is a semiannual livestock sale to occur in April, and maybe they’ll be purchased then.
Sorry to hear tranquiliti, I hope this works out for the best for you and your birds. I had considered Guinea fowl at one point. Not sure how long you might have them, but if they aren't sold in April, I may be down in Southern CO this September.

Back
Top Bottom