Guinea mating question.

StephensonC

Songster
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Richmond, Va
I've read that Guinea's are seasonal layers and figured mine would start in the spring. But, I've noticed that 2 of them have been mating now for about 3 weeks. Do I need to go on an egg hunt? They roam all over the place during the day on 55 acres.

Okay, so I was thinking the same thing...but my guineas apparently missed that memo...they started laying eggs two weeks ago ! They just turned four months old the 17th...:barnie

Wow, mine are almost a year and still not seen a single egg. Lots of hanky panky going on and LOTS of sitting in the nests (even the chicken nest boxes!) - but no eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️
Wow, mine are almost a year and still not seen a single egg. Lots of hanky panky going on and LOTS of sitting in the nests (even the chicken nest boxes!) - but no eggs 🤷🏻‍♀️
Where are you located? They are seasonal layers so the latitude matters. Sounds like they are gearing up though!

Okay, so I was thinking the same thing...but my guineas apparently missed that memo...they started laying eggs two weeks ago ! They just turned four months old the 17th...
barnie.gif
Interesting!!

That storm is missing us. We have had very little in the way of snow fall this year. Nothing like last year! I would love an early spring but only if it is really going to stay.

Back
Top Bottom