Guinea talk.

I use a different treatment for bumblefoot, where you soak the foot to soften the scab and then pull the scab off. This removes the infection, too. You can then spray the wound with vetericyn or a similar animal wound spray, fill the wound with neosporin, put a piece of a non stick medical pad to put on it, and wrap it with gauze and medical tape. Then you just have to keep unwrapping it, removing the scab, and rewrapping it. I would suggest wrapping the gauze completely in medical tape so it doesn't get torn to shreds. Just thought I'd give you more options. I know I wouldn't want to do surgery on my chicken. Good luck with your bird!

Hello,

Do you mind if I join? :)

I started with 7-9 Guinea fowl that I hatched from eggs, I really enjoyed having them and hatching them. Sadly, when they were older a pesky fox got two.

As time went on I ended up with one. (Natural death causes, age and selling with others).

That one Guinea hen, Henny, surprisingly by the name a male... Got lonely. He now lives with my hen who hatched that no one would except. :) They are great together!

He is either a bronze or Royal purple. (Please correct me if those are same!)

Looking forward to learning more about them. Even though they are what started my whole farm, I still have to learn about them!! :D

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen

Hello,

Do you mind if I join? :)

I started with 7-9 Guinea fowl that I hatched from eggs, I really enjoyed having them and hatching them. Sadly, when they were older a pesky fox got two.

As time went on I ended up with one. (Natural death causes, age and selling with others).

That one Guinea hen, Henny, surprisingly by the name a male... Got lonely. He now lives with my hen who hatched that no one would except. :) They are great together!

He is either a bronze or Royal purple. (Please correct me if those are same!)

Looking forward to learning more about them. Even though they are what started my whole farm, I still have to learn about them!! :D

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen

Welcome! Glad you joined the thread! I've never had a royal purple guinea but love that color! You'll have to post pictures if you get a chance.

Welcome! Glad you joined the thread! I've never had a royal purple guinea but love that color! You'll have to post pictures if you get a chance.
Hello,

Thank you for such a nice welcome! Yes, they are my favorite variety. I sure will! I have a few picture of him, with the hen I mentioned earlier! I will post them once I find the file I put them in.

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen

(P.S, I love your avatar!!)

Okay, here is Henny and Tink:

DSCN0031.JPG

The new "odd couple". (Special edition. :lau)

upload_2017-9-9_21-1-34.png

DSCN0042.JPG

-The Angry Hen

Yeah that's what I thought, it is quite deceiving since he is up there in age, he kind of faded a bit throughout the 10 years. :)

-The Angry Hen
Awww...the pics of him and his chicken hen are so sweet! (He almost looks like a pied with that white feathered area near his wings). Did you say that he is 10 years old? If so, that's impressive! You've taken great care of him and should give yourself a big pat on the back for getting him to that age!
Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Back
Top Bottom