Guineas and chickens?

LivingFate

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 18, 2008
Can I feed my guineas and chickens the same food? I've had my chickens (silkies & cochins) since May, Guineas since June. I just introduced them together a few days ago but now everyone is eating whomevers food and I don't know if I should seperate them for feeding them or not? If not should I stick to Poultry or Turkey food?

We feed ours the same. We buy the regular scratch and mix the game feed with it. The birds all pick out thier fav.'s and eat just fine. In fact, we have people who have bought chicks from us, then come back and say "omg! ours aren't nearly the same size as yours!", and the birds being the same age.

I've been feeding my guineas the same starter and now grower as the pullets.

I'm thinking of mixing it half and half with game bird, since the Blue Seal Gro-Cal is pretty low protein for both species, and we're moving into the season where their forage is likely to have less animal protein than in summer.

Since they are all together, they all eat the same.

I also feed my guineas and chicks the same feed.

We buy the regular scratch and mix the game feed with it

Scratch is considered a treat and most people wouldn't use it as a feed. However, mixing it with the game feed may make a difference. Just food for thought...​

Back
Top Bottom