Gynandromorph Chicken

I've been reading this thread because it is just so interesting. But I have to comment on your last pictures because I just have never seen a 10 year old chicken (then again I'm pretty new to the world of chickens). I'm impressed, but then again, you have quite a few interesting birds!

I had an EE named Cookie that lived to be 18. Most of the birds in my flock are over 6, some are 10-12. Cookie started growing white feathers around her face, her beard was midway down her neck, not up under her beak they way it should have been. And towards the end, she laid eggs that were almost flat!

Quote:
ep.gif
Do you have pictures???

These are the lastest photos I have of it...her? The egg would not be fertile since it is not with a rooster. The dark side is almost sold black now but that is about the only difference. The fact that it laid an egg might immediately render the bird fertile. That is, it can reproduce.

005.jpg

012.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I never even though of that! I am writing to the biologist tonight who is going to be genotyping this bird and its prospective parents. He might want the egg. I am sure it will lay more. It lives in the house and has been raising heck the past few days (hen noises). That is what made me check the cage and sure enough, there was the egg.

Back
Top Bottom