Hölzl heritage breed?

May 21, 2022
Tennessee
Has anyone ever heard of a Hölzl Brown or Blue heritage chicken??

I can’t find anything online excluding leading to one specific company who uses them.

Curious to see if it is legit or just that companies lying marketing campaign.

Happy Egg, they appear to be sexlink hybrids, nothing "heritage ".
Breed of chicken doesn't affect egg taste as much as diet and fancy marketing.
Yep.

Just checking to make sure I wasn’t missing some rare breed.
So instead my intuition of calling them a scam is correct. Lolol

I couldn’t figure out what type chickens they were. Looks like Welsummers & sapphire gems. Except SG don’t have sloppy combs like a leghorn.

Yep.

Just checking to make sure I wasn’t missing some rare breed.
So instead my intuition of calling them a scam is correct. Lolol

I couldn’t figure out what type chickens they were. Looks like Welsummers & sapphire gems. Except SG don’t have sloppy combs like a leghorn.
I wouldn't call it a scam, it is a breed they developed that's not available for the general public. The mix is likely copyrighted since they are extolling its virtues. its not unusual, it happens frequently.. I've had happy eggs, they're pretty dang good for store eggs.

I wouldn't call it a scam, it is a breed they developed that's not available for the general public. The mix is likely copyrighted since they are extolling its virtues. its not unusual, it happens frequently.. I've had happy eggs, they're pretty dang good for store eggs.
Except they’re NOT heritage. Them calling them heritage doesn’t make it so when it’s a developed line.

Ehh, after looking more into them, I view them as a false marketing company.
We used to eat their eggs. They’re good BUT they refuse to state what they feed. And no matter what I have fed my chickens, I have never gotten that consistent orange yoke.

Not to mention that their farms have 16,000-20,000 chickens on 8+acres.
And they don’t debeak but trim beaks…

Barely better than a Tyson company, IMO.

Except they’re NOT heritage. Them calling them heritage doesn’t make it so when it’s a developed line.

Ehh, after looking more into them, I view them as a false marketing company.
We used to eat their eggs. They’re good BUT they refuse to state what they feed. And no matter what I have fed my chickens, I have never gotten that consistent orange yoke.

Not to mention that their farms have 16,000-20,000 chickens on 8+acres.
And they don’t debeak but trim beaks…

Barely better than a Tyson company, IMO.
They're more heritage than whatever Franken leghorn other companies use.
I see your point, though.
I would suggest you not judge them too fiercely, they're doing better than most egg companies. They have many smaller farms, it's not just one by my understanding.

They're more heritage than whatever Franken leghorn other companies use.
I see your point, though.
I would suggest you not judge them too fiercely, they're doing better than most egg companies. They have many smaller farms, it's not just one by my understanding.
Yes, 100 farms over 3 states or so.
So yes could be worse.

And I do agree. Those Hyline birds (they use too) are horrible. Idk there was such a thing till last night looking them up. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom