Ha Ha I have been stumped!!

brandibaby23

Songster
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
New Paris, Pa 15554
I was at work today and we get into talking about chickens with the guys and one of them asked me what blood type is a chicken.......
idunno.gif
I have no idea, do they have a "type" I never thought about this before so I had to tell him "I don't know" it could be a good question and I would look it up, but I can't seem to find much about chickens and blood. So For tonight's question " Do Chickens Have a Blood Type? "
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
hide.gif

I know I am very interested myself!! I literally thought about all day afterwards to try and come up with an answer that might make some sense. I haven't come up with anything. lol

Hmmm. I don 't know either! I know that dogs have several blood types, and cats have two (all asian breeds have one blood type and all other breeds have another). But I don't know about birds. The one time I did see the avian vet I worked with (who has now moved on to a teaching position at the university) do a blood transfusion on a bird it was a parrot, I don't remember what kind for sure but I want to say a new world parrot such as an amazon or macaw, and we used the clinic cockatoo, an old world parrot, as the donor. So I imagine that avian blood typing is not as complicated as mammal blood typing, but I don't know if there are various types for the various orders, genera, and species.

Back
Top Bottom