Had To Share My SIL's Backyard (Photos)

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
Last Tuesday we were in El Paso for my husband's grandmother's funeral, she just turned 91 last month. Lived a very good life. We will all miss her.

Anyhow, after the services we all went over to my SIL's for lunch. We hadn't been there in a while. And she has really gone crazy with glass beads!

Here are some photos, you will have to do a bit of "study" to see everything in each photo.

Here is a Peacock panel at the back wall of the covered Patio.
DeniseandRicksittingemail.jpg

This is the stairway to nowhere, it is to at some point in the future lead to a craft room on top of the garage.
Stairwaytonowhereemail.jpg

Here it is from a different angle.
Stairwaytonowhere02email.jpg

Here is a fun one of a Rooster crowing at the sun.
RoosterandSunPanelemail.jpg

Here is the grape arbor, decorated with glass beads.
Arboremail.jpg

This is the back Trellis, it is also decorated with glass bead work, but harder to see.

BackyardTrellisemail.jpg

This is sort of treehouse/deck with a nice little "cubby" of seating under it.

Backyarddeckemail.jpg

This was a really fun project! The Green House.

Greenhouseemail.jpg

Here is a close up of the roof/ceiling.
GrenHouseroofcloseupemail.jpg

There are 90 individual panels each a different design.

In the greenhouse are two benches that she covered with old family photos then put an epoxy coating over them.
PhotoBench02email.jpg

Here are a couple of close ups of the photos on the benches.

PhotoBenchCloseup03email.jpg

PhotoBenchCloseup02email.jpg

Isn't that a neat idea for glass beads?

I love that ...sooo very creative. I really like the greenhouse ceiling with the light shining through the glass. I bet it is great to sit in there! All very festive looking. I have always wanted to try mosaic glass projects. The glass beads look like they would be easier than having to actually cut glass pieces. Thanks for sharing!!

Very impressive. I especially like the rooster picture. She does beautiful work and must be endlessly patient.

Back
Top Bottom