Ended HALLOWEEN RECIPE CONTEST ~ HALLOWEEN HAL 2015 CONTEST #5

I got a chance to put Jack-o-Lantern faces on a few of them...There were 8, but my coworkers ate them ;)

Alright!
My second entry will be Cake Pumpkin Cake Pop Ghosts!
I love this recipe and we make it every year at my work. I ate about 12 yesterday. Lol!

Pumpkin Cake
4 Large Eggs
1 2/3 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Brown Butter
15 oz Pumpkin Purée
2 cups AP
2t Baking Powder
1t Salt
1t Baking Soda
2t Cinnamon
1/2 t Clove
1/2t Nutmeg

Cream Cheese Icing
3 cups Powdered Sugar
6 oz Cream Cheese
6T Butter

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Spread into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar.
Once the cake is completely cool, break apart and put in a bowl (or mixer) stir in frosting until the crumbs hold together like Play-dough.
Scoop and roll into desired size balls. Refrigerate.
Roll out white fondant and cup into circles big enough to cover your cake balls. Shape them like ghosts using the cake balls as the bodies. Use melted chocolate to make eyes. Voila! You're done :)

It's ok! You don't look stupid at all! I was trying so hard not to use abbreviations like I normally do, but missed one. Lol!
I just thought of this too! If you wanted to make gluten free cake balls you could substitute Buckwheat flour for the All Purpose. It has an earthier flavor, but it's really good :)
ok I was afraid to ask, for looking stupid ha ha ha

Scary White Girl Russian

1 part vanilla eggnog
1 part pumpkin spice creme liquor
Sprinkle nutmeg on top

:)

The chicken mortar and pestle is so cute.

Last edited:
Alright!
My second entry will be Cake Pumpkin Cake Pop Ghosts!
I love this recipe and we make it every year at my work. I ate about 12 yesterday. Lol!

Pumpkin Cake
4 Large Eggs
1 2/3 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup Brown Butter
15 oz Pumpkin Purée
2 cups AP
2t Baking Powder
1t Salt
1t Baking Soda
2t Cinnamon
1/2 t Clove
1/2t Nutmeg

Cream Cheese Icing
3 cups Powdered Sugar
6 oz Cream Cheese
6T Butter

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease and flour one glass 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Spread into prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For the frosting: beat together the cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar.
Once the cake is completely cool, break apart and put in a bowl (or mixer) stir in frosting until the crumbs hold together like Play-dough.
Scoop and roll into desired size balls. Refrigerate.
Roll out white fondant and cup into circles big enough to cover your cake balls. Shape them like ghosts using the cake balls as the bodies. Use melted chocolate to make eyes. Voila! You're done
smile.png

Those look delish.

Back
Top Bottom