Hands on hatching and help

I have seen many posts in regards to these type of dark marks showing up on duck eggs but have never seen an actual explanation. Interesting.

Irregular or multiple dark splotches on duck eggs are from different causes... but that one, you can clearly see the shape of the end of the bill 'bruising' the membranes and inner shell... some can break through and wrong end pip, but many times they can't get proper leverage to breach the shell and you just see that mark...

Ask Kathy, I know she has seen and assisted many that did the same... :)

Irregular or multiple dark splotches on duck eggs are from different causes... but that one, you can clearly see the shape of the end of the bill 'bruising' the membranes and inner shell... some can break through and wrong end pip, but many times they can't get proper leverage to breach the shell and you just see that mark...

Ask Kathy, I know she has seen and assisted many that did the same... :)
Oh, I believe you, I've just never seen anyone give a definitive answer...lol

Oh, I believe you, I've just never seen anyone give a definitive answer...lol

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you doubted... was just explaining the difference between that type of dark mark and other dark marks that have happened...

And I figured Kathy would have pics and could find hers quicker than I could find mine! :lau

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you doubted... was just explaining the difference between that type of dark mark and other dark marks that have happened...

And I figured Kathy would have pics and could find hers quicker than I could find mine! :lau

More often than not the ones I've seen asked about are solitary marks, but I have seen a couple that had splotches asked about too. But honestly I always wondered what it was from. I don't think I would have ever imagined it was a malpo. Makes sense though.

Back
Top Bottom