Hands on hatching and help

I know which piece fails, and I've already concocted a couple fixes in my head for "when" it happens.

But i figure that's one of the main reasons the Ovations are a total redesign.

-- I guess I am disappointed at the loss of full tilt to turn. When needed, I can manually turn in a snap. The Octagon is quite space-saving; the new one looks large. Is there headroom for chicks or is it tight? I would love it if there was a video on the site.

Personal preference. I love candling and did it fairly often with my first bunch of hatches. Its so amazing to see the development! Those that don't candle are missing out, in my opinion! I mainly only candle now by putting the flashlight on top of them where they sit, and to check for clears.

I agree! When I pictured not candeling, I lost interest in hatching altogether. I love the development & hatch more than the chicks, TBH. However, I don't spend much time candeling, I know what im looking for, by now. Most of the time, I can peek from above & trace.

Someone said they don' t do it at all

It doesn't have to be time consuming ... but a bright flashlight and you can see you have development or not... air cells are developing and humidity does/doesn't need adjustment. To Be Honest, if you set it and forget it, and your humidity is too high for those eggs, the air cells are too small, you may not know until it's too late.

It doesn't have to be time consuming ... but a bright flashlight and you can see you have development or not... air cells are developing and humidity does/doesn't need adjustment. To Be Honest, if you set it and forget it, and your humidity is too high for those eggs, the air cells are too small, you may not know until it's too late.

Exactly!

Is it bad not to candle eggs during the whole incubation process

It's not bad, but candling, especially as a newbie can have many advantages. Helps you know how to regulate humidity, lets you pull clears and quitters and learning the stages of development, what you should see when, firsthand is not only exciting, but educational.

Holding-7-eggs-incubator-musical-cute-mini.jpg

HI GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IN OPERATING THIS INCUBATOR.IF SOMEONE CAN ADVICE ME HOW TO TURN THE EGGS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TURNER,SHOULD I MARK THEM X AND O AND TURN THEM LIKE THEY ARE LYING DOWN ?AND DURING HATCHING TIME WOULD THE CHICKS STILL HATCH WHEN THEY STAND WITH THE POINTED SIDE DOWN AND THE AIR SACK UP....CAN THE CHICKS GET OUT ?

Holding-7-eggs-incubator-musical-cute-mini.jpg

HI GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IN OPERATING THIS INCUBATOR.IF SOMEONE CAN ADVICE ME HOW TO TURN THE EGGS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TURNER,SHOULD I MARK THEM X AND O AND TURN THEM LIKE THEY ARE LYING DOWN ?AND DURING HATCHING TIME WOULD THE CHICKS STILL HATCH WHEN THEY STAND WITH THE POINTED SIDE DOWN AND THE AIR SACK UP....CAN THE CHICKS GET OUT ?

View attachment 1065503

I had this incubator as my very first incubator. I put a x on one side and o on the other and tilted them all the same way as it's a small inc. Yeah they get out fine stood up some people prefer that method and leave their turners in turned off during lockdown. I have a separate hatcher as I incubate eggs at different stages so I lay them down now but they'll still hatch fine!

Back
Top Bottom