Hands on hatching and help

lau.gif
and I know others who temporaily have these problems but not anyone where they're ongoing like w you
hu.gif
hu.gif
xs 2....lol

Pictures! I snapped these really quick before slipping them under the broody.

The keets weren't keen to be photographed. If anyone can tell me the color of the light brown one in the middle I'd appreciate it. The color doesn't show well here - it's a light cinnamon color. The other ones are lavender and one pearl.

The CCL/AC cross I decided to keep:

I am trying to show restraint. I kept only two lavenders and the two unknown color keets. The pearl and the other lavender I'm selling. I'm also trying to keep only the one chick from this hatch - the others I'm selling! Except for one of the ACs, I believe I will be keeping that one back for my breeding flock.

The keets weren't keen to be photographed. If anyone can tell me the color of the light brown one in the middle I'd appreciate it. The color doesn't show well here - it's a light cinnamon color. The other ones are lavender and one pearl.

I am trying to show restraint. I kept only two lavenders and the two unknown color keets. The pearl and the other lavender I'm selling. I'm also trying to keep only the one chick from this hatch - the others I'm selling! Except for one of the ACs, I believe I will be keeping that one back for my breeding flock.
I don't think I could do it! I'd have to keep 'em all!! lol Love their colors!

I usually fill one well, let it run dry, then refill it. Be warned when adding water though that if you fill the well to the top while the incubator is sitting level, when it turns on the autoturner it'll overflow. Only fill it about half full. For temp you need a thermometer since it doesn't have one built in. I use the probe type ones they sell at Petco for reptiles.

Is the thermometer that's in there reliable? It's sais 99 degrees but my digital sais 97. Which should I go with?

Oh my how stinking cute. I want to.snuggle them so.much haha

Is the thermometer that's in there reliable? It's sais 99 degrees but my digital sais 97. Which should I go with?

I have two of those Brinsea incubators, a 40 and a 20, the thermos are not always accurate and especially if your probe is calibrated I would go with it. The bator may have been in sync when it left them and thrown out of whack by shipping or anything. Ruby had a problem where the mercury seperated.

Last edited:
Do you think a temp of 100 is to hot?

No I don't think thats too hot. And you asked about water before too. In my area with 60%+ humidity as the norm, I never need to add water to my incubator until hatch time and then it's only a small cup. I have some locked down now. Here what they look like

For you seasoned hatchers, it's the quiet before the storm!

Back
Top Bottom