Hands on hatching and help

Quote:
Old English game---Hatching Machines----great mothers---they usually set 3 to 5 times during the year----might do more if you removed their chicks sooner. Mine cover 8 regular size chicken eggs good have done 10 eggs. My few have probably hatched 800 to 1000 chicks in the last 3 years.

Last edited:
Old English game---Hatching Machines----great mothers---they usually set 3 to 5 times during the year----might do more if you removed their chicks sooner. Mine cover 8 regular size chicken eggs good have done 10 eggs. My few have probably hatched 800 to 1000 chicks in the last 3 years.

Aww I wish I had talked to you first. I just ordered some orpingtons, Brahmas and silkies hoping to get some broody hens. The incubators are nice but I like having options. Lol.

Aww I wish I had talked to you first. I just ordered some orpingtons, Brahmas and silkies hoping to get some broody hens. The incubators are nice but I like having options. Lol.

Don't worry, with that mix you'll get broodies. Right now I have two brahma/orp crosses and three buff orpingtons that have all gone broody. I expect my other orps will follow suit soon. Individual members of these breeds might not go broody, but generally overall the breeds are very broody and with multiples of each I'm sure you'll end up with at least one :)

Last edited:
Well, the chick I posted about a few days ago died last night. :hit

It was doing so great!
-Banti

1f622.png
So sorry for your loss!

As said---You Will, My Dark Braama's were alot more broody than the lite brahma even more than the Yellow Buff Orp. Most silkies lay 3 eggs then want to set on them---LOL. With my silkies I had a lot better luck with them having great hatches if I put them in private pens "properly" when they become broody. Good Luck

Last edited:
So I've seen all of these questions about hatching 2 different kinds of eggs and then hatching at different hatch dates so my question is ( and forgive me if I missed the answer in this thread) I have 1 batam egg as of today and on Wednesday I will be receiving my coturnix quail eggs can I start my batam egg tonight and then add the quail in (after they sit 12 hours after shipping) to the bator and then they will lock down and hatch at the same time. Will that be OK? The one bantam egg is from my little ones favorite hen and she finally laid an egg, of course it would be When the bator is getting ready for something else!! :gig

Don't worry, with that mix you'll get broodies. Right now I have two brahma/orp crosses and three buff orpingtons that have all gone broody. I expect my other orps will follow suit soon. Individual members of these breeds might not go broody, but generally overall the breeds are very broody and with multiples of each I'm sure you'll end up with at least one :)

That's good to hear. :) I'll be excited to have all the chickens I'm wanting so we can settle our little flock in lol. :)

As said---You Will, My Dark Braama's  were alot more broody than the lite brahma even more than the Yellow Buff Orp. Most silkies lay 3 eggs then want to set on them---LOL. With my silkies I had a lot better luck with them having great hatches if I put them in private pens "properly". Good Luck

Lol thanks. It will be nice when we are all settled and done with the process for this year lol. :)

OEGB are CRAZY broody. All three of mine are broody right now, and they are very good mommas!

1f622.png
So sorry for your loss!

Thank you.

So I've seen all of these questions about hatching 2 different kinds of eggs and then hatching at different hatch dates so my question is ( and forgive me if I missed the answer in this thread) I have 1 batam egg as of today and on Wednesday I will be receiving my coturnix quail eggs can I start my batam egg tonight and then add the quail in (after they sit 12 hours after shipping) to the bator and then they will lock down and hatch at the same time. Will that be OK? The one bantam egg is from my little ones favorite hen and she finally laid an egg, of course it would be When the bator is getting ready for something else!!
gig.gif

Allow 4 full days(96 hours) between setting them-----should put them close to hatching together. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom