Hands on hatching and help

Adleast you know what's happened with yours though. I don't think my temps have been off and my brinsea is fairly new. Must just be a shipped egg issue. These are the ones the postal service messed up. I'm so sad. They were supposed to be my breeding stock.
sad.png
hopefully your nephew doesn't take it to hard. Fingers crossed.
I am sure 95% of it is unstable temps. I've never had this much trouble with this bator, but the last three hatches I have had more and more issues stabilizing it, so it's not surprising. Hopefully my bday present to myself next year will be a Hovabator 1583 and I'll be ready to go as soon as spring hits to hatch out some of these silkie eggs.
smile.png

Probably shipping is the biggy with yours. That's too bad.

Last night my son says too me, "I don't think any of those eggs are going to hatch". There were 12 in there that were developing. I just went to candle and mark air cells, for day 7 and I am 99% sure that they have all quit!!!

Not that I am surprised because of the temp problems I've had in the incubator this time around. (I had problems last time, but not to this extinct.) But this isn't the first time my son has said something offhanded and it's happened.
hes gifted little guy take heed when he does that!! my sister has dreams that come true

the chick with splay leg was hatched on the 23rd she was in the incubator for 1 1/2  days hoping she would start walking then i looked up splay leg and how to fix it lucky i had vet tape so i wrapped her legs on thursday redid this morning one leg is already moved back in the other is still out not sure how to do that leg with out pulling the other leg in too, any suggestions i am making her a mash to eat she drinks but wont eat the crumbles so i thought if i make a mash she might eat it :fl

It's fine to just put the tape around both of them again. It's a great sign that the one leg is strengthening and keeping the tape on a few more days will actually help it continue to do so. I'm hoping they both look great in a few more days!
Last night my son says too me, "I don't think any of those eggs are going to hatch".  There were 12 in there that were developing. I just went to candle and mark air cells, for day 7 and I am 99% sure that they have all quit!!! 

Not that I am surprised because of the temp problems I've had in the incubator this time around. (I had problems last time, but not to this extinct.) But this isn't the first time my son has said something offhanded and it's happened.

Oh no! That is terrible! Crazy that your son called it. I'm sorry to hear that, Amy. How many more months till your birthday?

Ok guys one of my chocolate orpingtons have pipped the wrong end. I've had really bad luck with these in the past. How long should I wait before I think about assisting? It's only just pipped. It's 11:38 pm here..

Adleast you know what's happened with yours though. I don't think my temps have been off and my brinsea is fairly new. Must just be a shipped egg issue. These are the ones the postal service messed up. I'm so sad. They were supposed to be my breeding stock. :( hopefully your nephew doesn't take it to hard. Fingers crossed.

Shipping is a gamble but it's still sad when you get 0% to hatch. I had quite a few 0%hatches this summer, but many 60-90% ones as well. Sorry about your eggs :(

Ok guys one of my chocolate orpingtons have pipped the wrong end. I've had really bad luck with these in the past. How long should I wait before I think about assisting? It's only just pipped. It's 11:38 pm here..

Was the pip underneath the egg at the pointy end or was it facing the roof of the bator? Jenn, I've never lost a wrong end pipper and most of the time they will zip on their own. Not always, but as long as I can see the beak and it's breathing, I do not touch it for 24 hours. If I were you I would leave it till 11:30 tomorrow night before even checking the membrane for veining. :fl

Shipping is a gamble but it's still sad when you get 0% to hatch. I had quite a few 0%hatches this summer, but many 60-90% ones as well. Sorry about your eggs :(

Well I only thought one was going to hatch but 2 that I thought were dis due to no movement were just malpositioned. Now wrong end pippers. If they hatch I'll Adleast have 3. Wish me luck.

Was the pip underneath the egg at the pointy end or was it facing the roof of the bator? Jenn, I've never lost a wrong end pipper and most of the time they will zip on their own. Not always, but as long as I can see the beak and it's breathing, I do not touch it for 24 hours. If I were you I would leave it till 11:30 tomorrow night before even checking the membrane for veining. :fl

Ok I'll wait until tonight. The one that internally pipped hatched. The other two are wrong end pips. They are facing the pointy end. I truly hope they hatch themselves. I want these chicks soo much.

It's fine to just put the tape around both of them again. It's a great sign that the one leg is strengthening and keeping the tape on a few more days will actually help it continue to do so. I'm hoping they both look great in a few more days!
Oh no! That is terrible! Crazy that your son called it. I'm sorry to hear that, Amy. How many more months till your birthday?
It'd be more terrible if I was hatching for me....
wink.png
There actually looks like one that's still going in there. Not sure if that's good or bad. Going to keep the bator going for a while, who knows, I could be wrong. I've never dones guineas before. My bday is February, so before next season starts...lol Cayden thinks he wants to wait and have his bday party at the end of May or begining of June so that he can have a party outside, maybe at the park. If he does that then I am definitely going to try to get me one for my birthday. I don't usually do anything for my bday cause his is the following month, and Jan-March I use money to get his stuff and do his party. But if he does just cake and ice cream and a couple gifts from us on his bday, and has the big party later, I might be able to squeeze out a bday gift for me...lol

Well I only thought one was going to hatch but 2 that I thought were dis due to no movement were just malpositioned. Now wrong end pippers. If they hatch I'll Adleast have 3. Wish me luck.
Ok I'll wait until tonight. The one that internally pipped hatched. The other two are wrong end pips. They are facing the pointy end. I truly hope they hatch themselves. I want these chicks soo much.
That's better news....Good luck!

It'd be more terrible if I was hatching for me....;)   There actually looks like one that's still going in  there. Not sure if that's good or bad. Going to keep the bator going for a while, who knows, I could be wrong. I've never dones guineas before.  My bday is February, so before next season starts...lol  Cayden thinks he wants to wait and have his bday party at the end of May or begining of June so that he can have a party outside, maybe at the park.  If he does that then I am definitely going to try to get me one for my birthday.  I don't usually do anything for my bday cause his is the following month, and Jan-March I use money to get his stuff and do his party. But if he does just cake and ice cream and a couple gifts from us on his bday, and has the big party later, I might be able to squeeze out a bday gift for me...lol

That's better news....Good luck!

I hope at least two make it! Just put $10 a month in a little envelope that says "new incubator" and by the time you get to your birthday you will be at least half way there! The good thing for me & you is that we prefer to hand turn, so we don't have splurge on the auto-turners! ;)

gonna save up here for a new one too my lg egg turner don't like blue swedish duck eggs and has the stupid digital contral that freaks out as soon as humidity goes up. haven't had time seems like to get mine built with stuff this year even though have the stuff, like that idea though money in the envelope for it. If I get it built before I get enough money well we can always make it into new coop fund lol

Back
Top Bottom