Hands on hatching and help

We went and got another heat light fixture. We just need to get another bulb. I think partners going to try and get the light a little closer to dog house enough to shine in dog house but not able to get knocked down. I told him not in dog house because hope can't see. And she may knock into it.

i ha a hen sitting on eggs, one hatched yesterday, the other 2 haven't yet. should i intervene?

everyone don't panic! did the deed, they were both dead, so at least I've relieved my hen of the worry :)

thanks for your support WVduckchick, did candle, they looked v still, so decided to take the plunge, they were both dead, but it has been well over 24 hrs since the first hatched

Last edited:
well, anyway, we have the most adorable little chick. The mother is a black rock, the father a silkie/frizzle cross, so this baby is black like mummy, but looks like a silkie chick, very tiny with same facial features as a silkie, will post a pic when I can get in for a better look <3

not the best of pics, i know, but our hen Flower, decided to get broody in our cat box, so the cat has been without her bed for several weeks now & the bed is black, & the chick is black..... so..... happy days!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom