Hands on hatching and help

There was some fluid, a few drops, but I thought it may have been from the yoke sack which all but one had not absorbed. I did candle and check air cells all the way through incubation.

Lately I have been keeping the humidity around 33%, but the results have been the same. Would you mind posting a photo of air cells with correct humidity?

This is the one I use.

Looks like we posted at the same time
tongue.png
tongue2.gif
lau.gif

This is the one I use.
x2, this is the chart I use too. I also want to add, if you're really having trouble and you think it's the humidity, start weighing them. It's extremely accurate and will tell you exactly how you need to have your humidity. Weigh the eggs before incubation to get a start weight, and then weigh again at 7, 14, and 18 days (7, 14, 21, and 25 for species that take 28 days to hatch). Eggs should lose 13-15 percent of their weight during incubation. If they're losing too much weight when you weigh, you need to increase humidity. Too little, and you need to decrease. Just enough, and you know your humidity is sitting where it needs to.

x2, this is the chart I use too.

I also want to add, if you're really having trouble and you think it's the humidity, start weighing them. It's extremely accurate and will tell you exactly how you need to have your humidity. Weigh the eggs before incubation to get a start weight, and then weigh again at 7, 14, and 18 days (7, 14, 21, and 25 for species that take 28 days to hatch). Eggs should lose 13-15 percent of their weight during incubation. If they're losing too much weight when you weigh, you need to increase humidity. Too little, and you need to decrease. Just enough, and you know your humidity is sitting where it needs to.
I have a question for you out of curiosity. I don't have the patience to weigh (or the scales
wink.png
) but I am curious about those who do. I've seen people who weigh do so with each individual egg and I'ves seen people that say weigh them together and take the average. Which way do you do it?

I have a question for you out of curiosity. I don't have the patience to weigh (or the scales ;) ) but I am curious about those who do. I've seen people who weigh do so with each individual egg and I'ves seen people that say weigh them together and take the average. Which way do you do it?

Depends what I'm hatching :p For sensitive things like geese and peafowl, I weight them all individually to make sure they're all on track. For chickens and ducks, I'll do one or two eggs and take their weights to be a general indicator of how they all should be doing.

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7440317/width/200/height/400[/9IMG]

[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7440330/width/200/height/400

As requested :)

Depends what I'm hatching
tongue.png
For sensitive things like geese and peafowl, I weight them all individually to make sure they're all on track. For chickens and ducks, I'll do one or two eggs and take their weights to be a general indicator of how they all should be doing.
thumbsup.gif
Interesting. Thank you.

As requested
smile.png
Ducks are so darn cute!!! Definitely an awe moment there....lol

Back
Top Bottom