Happy Duckling day with Pics!!

ella

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Aboard the the Heart of Gold
After three years of waiting and researching I found a feed store that had ducklings, and the time is just right. I had a brooder all set up and my new coop is done and wow are they sweet!!

We bonded on the drive home, which is great except they cry now whenever I'm out of sight
roll.png
I hope they settle down and become content even when I'm not around. It really was amazing how fast we bonded- within about 10 minutes of petting and talking they were looking up at me with that look the one they get when they're really looking at you. It's hard to decribe, but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about!

Without further ado here they are!

CutePies.jpg

sweetducks.jpg

Adoraducks.jpg

I think the one on the left is a girl- she peeps alot and is a little smaller than the other one and follows him around. I think the bigger one (on the right) is a boy. I know it's too early to tell, but I have a strong feeling about it. Edited to add: in the second pic, the one I think is a boy is in my hand.

Will I have a problem when they grow up, because there are only two of them? Will he need more girls? I don't have room for lots more ducks but I will get them if he needs them.

Last edited:
Personally, I only want two ducks. So I'm gonna order a small batch of eggs. I think it might be a slim minimum, since there ate two to keep each other company. Good luck with em
big_smile.png

No they're Buff ducks. The feed store said they ordered Buff geese, but got Buff ducks instead. I'm pretty happy with that mistake.
big_smile.png

I promised myself if they didn't have the right kind of ducks for me, I was going to be responsible and not get any...

For the record here are the 'right' kind of ducks:

Call
Mandarin
Black East Indies
Buff
Blue Swedish
or Muscovy
Oh yeah, Khaki Cambell and Cayuga also make the list.

Alright I'll admit it, I would've taken about anything!
lol.png

Last edited:
Ella:

Those have got to be the cutest pictures I've ever seen! Your ducklings look so sweet - and you take fantastic pictures!

Enjoy every minute of being their mom - congratulations!

Mary Pat

Hehe, in that first picture, they sure love to pose eh?
Future Ducky Models!!!
tongue.png

Feed Store, so many people say it on this forum.
Is it something only in America?
Maybe That's Why I dont recognize it.

Thanks for the compliments on them, I'm pretty sure they are the cutest form of life on the planet! They spent the day grooming my hair and trying to eat the buttons on my shirt.
love.gif

A feed store is the store where you buy livestock feed and products, usually they sell agricultural supplies too. Are you familiar with Co-op's? It's just like that.

They are so adorable!!

Did you get up to the Anoka store? When we picked out our chickens last week, it was torture to not get a couple of their adorable ducklings. It's a neat little place, the people have been really friendly and knowledgable.

Congrats on the cuties!!

Yup, Pansophia you're totally responsible for this
lol.png
, I had no idea that store was there. Thank you!!

webbledfeet.jpg

I agree, they were very helpful and knowledgable. These little guys were in a tub with a buff Runner, but when I asked which were the Buff's she picked them right out, and showed how upright the little runner stood.

Plus they sold me 15 pounds of duck starter and made sure I had a brooder lamp and everything. She even asked if we have a pond -yes we do!- In a very friendly way she was trying to see if I knew what I was doing. I really appreciated that, it's nice to see people who care about the chicks and ducks they sell.

I saw your other post, it looks like you have a great set-up.
clap.gif
Such pretty little Wyandotte chicks you have! One of my Silver-Laced Wyandottes is so snuggly she runs over to sit on my lap if I'm anywhere in sight. I'm sure yours will turn out very friendly, and you're going to looove those fresh eggs!

My gosh are those the cutest little things I have ever seen. Quite photogenic little ducklings!!

You all need to stop posting these duck pictures---I'm just now getting my chicken hobby started, I don't need another quite yet!

Back
Top Bottom