Happy, Happy, ending to a rooster "tale"

HappyChickenMom

Chirping
12 Years
Jul 13, 2009
One of my pullets turned out to be a roo, as I have seen happen to many of you all, and being as alot of us can't keep them(not that we don't want them) we must find them a home. Well I was really stressing out over it. I called friends, posted on craig's list and other sites. i was even willing to deliver him or split shipping fees if necessary. I contacted all the local 4-H clubs...nothing but then I remembered we stayed at an absolutely lovely Bed and Breakfast in the mountains in Idyllwild, CA and they kept a moderate sized flock of hens (that are fed organic food no less) to keep for eggs for their guests. This place serves organic food and provides organic toiltries (Aveda!). Anyhow, I contacted the dear inkeeper and it turns out that they were looking for a roo for "their girls". They were looking to have chicks to replenish their flock, so this bird hit the jackpot. So if you happen to go up there at Strawberry Creek Inn in Idyllild say "Hi" to Shane the rooster and Ian and Rodney the innkeepers.

"JUST SAY NO TO FACTORY EGGS!"

Awww, another happy ending-gotta love that!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom