Harley

MammaAtTheAvenue

Songster
Apr 2, 2022
This is Harley. We got her on Sunday. She is supposed to 12/13 weeks old. I brought her in tonight for a foot soak. She has poorly feet like her sisters. She also has this bald belly and bald patches under her wings. Will the feathers grow back soon or will she be left like this until her next moult? Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• IMG_20220512_201250536.jpg
    IMG_20220512_201250536.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220512_201239828.jpg
    IMG_20220512_201239828.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220512_201230239.jpg
    IMG_20220512_201230239.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 2
She needs tender loving care and good nutrition. The bald patches under her wings are probably normal. Her belly looks lacking in downy feathers .

I have two muscovy drakes that lost the full feathers on their chests -- I have a naughty pekin that thinks he has the right to pull these feathers out of the muscovies -- there are new feathers already growing to replace the ones lost. That is, they haven't waited until the next moult. Your little girl may be the same, particulalry if her nutrition is optimum

Do you have access to nutri-drench? That would be a good maintenance supplement to help your ducks get up to good health quickly.

Last edited:
I'm using a ratio of 30g of Epsom salt to 1pint of water if anyone can advise if this is correct too please xxx
Oh dear mixed units!!! And I am asuming imperial pint and about one ounce.

I use a handful [very accurate measure!] in the water in the bucket which is about 4 inches deep before I put a duck in there! I don't think it matters more acurately than that.

I just read my epsom salt packaging and it says 2 cupsful [that is 8oz US cups] in a gallon -- which again is a US gallon [which is 4 litres or ~4/5 imperial gallon]. I think your 30g in 1 imperial pint is probaly half this strength

She needs tender loving are and good nutrition. The bald patches under her wings are probably normal. Her belly looks lackign in downy feathers .

I have two muscovy drakes that lost the full feathers on their chests -- I have a naughty pekin that thins he has the right to pull these feathers out of the muscovies -- there are new feathers already growing to replace the ones lost. That is, they haven't waited until the next moult. Your little girl may be the same, particulalry if her nutrition is optimum

Do you have access to nutri-drench? That would be a good mmaintenance supplement to help your ducks get up to good health quickly.
I've looked for nutri drench but the soonest I can get it is June 10th ☹️ xxx

Oh dear mixed units!!! And I am asuming imperial pint and about one ounce.

I use a handful [very accurate measure!] in the water in the bucket which is about 4 inches deep before I put a duck in there! I don't think it matters more acurately than that.

I just read my epsom salt packaging and it says 2 cupsful [that is 8oz US cups] in a gallon -- which again is a US gallon [which is 4 litres or ~4/5 imperial gallon]. I think your 30g in 1 imperial pint is probaly half this strength
I've calculated and you are correct. Thank you xxx

Back
Top Bottom