Has anyone ever crossed a Cayuga with a Magpie? UPDATE PIC PG 3

Here's Catfish :
10mjwqh.jpg

In hope you get some choco mayugas!! that would be so cool.

Here is a picture of a "Mayuga" - I only hatched out three but they are all similar. All black with a white bib. I expect they will look like a black sweedish once they grow up.

37433_img_1401.jpg

I tried to get a better picture but none of them would hold still.

Thanks for the update! One of my ducklings from my blue Magpie drake and Black duck (of unknown parentage) cross looked fairly similar though the yellow spot on the chest was smaller. This is what he ended up looking like: You might get a nicer white chest more like a blue or black Swede. I think I only mentioned the solid black duckling in my previous post, but I'm guessing this one resulted from the pairing as well. I don't have a duckling picture, because he came from a batch of eggs that hatched three days later than the first group. I bet yours will be quite nice - please update us again in several weeks. It must be fun to have babies as winter descends upon us.

31977_rusty.jpg

Well, this might not be the smartest thing I did considering it was 20 this morning and all the waters were froze up. But I do have a heated shop to raise them in until they get their adult feathers. I keep them in the house for about the first week then I move them out to the shop in a brooding pen. I have been hatching out ducks weekly and do have a few more Mayugas scheduled to hatch on Thanksgiving. My Magpie drake has finally figured out what to do, so I took the girls out of the Cayuga pen and put them with him. Hopefully they will continue to lay for a few more weeks and I will get a few pure Magpies.

Cute little duck. I will also be following to see what they look like as adults.

My mornings are cold too. It is 20 here now. The ducks are quacking for water.
It does warm up during the day with the sun shining so on my days off I fill the
swim tubs so they get a little swim time.

Send us more pics as they grow!

Back
Top Bottom