Has anyone ever crossed a Cayuga with a Magpie? UPDATE PIC PG 3

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Me too LOL

I just candled the 10 eggs and all are developing, so just another 22 days and hopefully I will have pictures of the "Mayugas". MY guess is most will be solid black looking like a cayuga. If it ever stops raining here, I will take pictures of the parents.

Oh well, I do have other eggs hatching before then to help the time go by. 10-26 I have some call ducks, 10-28 a few pure cayugas, 11-4 some more calls, 11-6 a few more cayugas, on 11-7 I have 8 call duck eggs that should hatch that the mother duck is sitting on, 11-13 some more calls in the incubator, then finally on 11-15 the "Mayugas" with a few cayugas.

I am trying to get this incubating down before next spring when I am blasted with eggs! Last count I had over 50 hens. I had a couple good hatches with Anconas and some Crested but my last hatch this past week wasn't very good at all. I was trying to hatch some Calls and some Cayugas and was told to run real high humidity for the calls. Well I ran 65% for the first 23 days then went to 85% the remaining 3 days and I only hatched 1 out of 12. Only 4 out of 10 Cayugas hatched. I am sure that was just too high humidity, This next hatch will probably be about the same as these eggs were in with those and I just dropped the humidity the last few days. But the others should do fine, I hope.

If anyone would like to try a few of these eggs, just let me know and I will post some in the for sale section for just the cost of shipping, I will even throw in a couple pure cayuga eggs. I am getting too many to eat and I really shouldn't put any more in my incubator.

Oh I would love some!! but I think i need to work on my bator skills first. I havent gotten it to hatch anything for me and my ducks are too far along in their broodiness to keep with any eggs i give them.

Well if you want any, just let me know how many and your zip code and I could let you know how much shipping would be, then I could post them in the for sale section for free plus the exact shipping amount. I get three "Mayuga" eggs a day and 1 Cayuga, I have 8 right now.

Quote:
I would love to see this duck. I have a male call with a beautiful chocolate head. I am hoping he passes this on to some babies in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom