Has anyone heard of a smokey pearl chicken?

I have both smokey pearl an sapphire Gems. Neither look alike. I bought them both Same time at TS
All 5 months now.
The gem is dove gray body an different shades on each bird of a darker gray heads. Smokey pearl are a dove gray bird with black spots on them. They do not have the same shape faces or bodies.
These are definitely new hybrids as of this last year.

I bought smokey pearls this spring, couldn't tell you exactly when but I'll guess about 6 months. They began laying a few weeks ago. I've got 5 pullets and last week got 34 eggs! Lovely little birds. Quite happy with my impulse buy 🐔

Here are some pictures of their eggs. 2/4 are laying; mine are 24 weeks.
The smallest egg, left of reference lemon, was 47g(1.65oz) and the largest, right of lemon, was 53g(1.85oz). Ignore the olive egg in the first image. The brown eggs are from the smokey pearl.

Attachments

• 20221021_230512.jpg
    20221021_230512.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20221021_230719.jpg
    20221021_230719.jpg
    432.9 KB · Views: 13
I got 4 Smokey Pearl straight runs from TSC. One has grey skin and feet, and 5 toes per foot, so that gives some clue to their ancestry. Having a tough time guessing at which are roos though. One has a more pronounced red comb at 4 weeks and the grey toed one has tail feathers twice as long as everyones. Both are outgoing, but I have some pullets roosting in my lap too, so who knows.

I got 4 Smokey Pearl straight runs from TSC. One has grey skin and feet, and 5 toes per foot, so that gives some clue to their ancestry. Having a tough time guessing at which are roos though. One has a more pronounced red comb at 4 weeks and the grey toed one has tail feathers twice as long as everyones. Both are outgoing, but I have some pullets roosting in my lap too, so who knows.
You could post pictures and i can guess.

QUICK OVERVIEW. Smokey Pearl™ tend to be very beautifully colored with some having what is described as ghost barring. These friendly birds tend to be a calmer brown egg layers. They are very hardy, and great year round egg layers.

I was told that the Smokey Pearl can either have grey skin or typical orange/yellow skin. The markings will also vary from almost no spots, to few to many black spots. They tend to be calm and friendly birds.

Back
Top Bottom