Has anyone tried this? Do y'all recommend it?

kitty22496

In the Brooder
May 3, 2016

Best one I think. Plus I finally found a TSC near us saves us about $8 every bag of feed we buy there and & $4 on our goat minerals I'm one happy camper. You would have thought it was a big sale at Macys when my husband took me to TSC for my first time :)

That will be fine for hens and ducks that are laying, but it has too much calcium for chicks, ducklings, roosters, and hens and ducks that aren't laying. Too much calcium can cause health issues. @ChickenCanoe might be able to explain it better.

-Kathy

Last edited:
A major consideration is the age of the feed available;  always check the label for date of processing.  Old Flock Raiser isn't better than new ???.  Mary

X2, always check the date on the bag! If the date is older, check the bags at the bottom of the stack, because when the employees bring out a ne pallet, they stack the older bags on top of the freshest ones, and I have seen six month old bags ontop of stacks at TSC and other stores. IMO, six months old crumbles are too old and should not be purchased.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom