Has anyone used a GQF sportsman cabinet incubator for duck eggs?

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
I know that the GQF 1502 Sportsman cabinet incubator has great reviews for hatching chickens, but has anyone on here used it for duck eggs and liked it?

I have done goose eggs.
All one needs for artificial incubation of any egg laying species is consistent temperature, proper turning and timely humidity control.
I see no reason why duck eggs would be a problem and people do so all the time.
They are very reliable incubators. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for anything.
If you know the incubation parameters for your chosen species, you can achieve that in a Sportsman.
Ducks not only turn their eggs as all avians do but also rotate them from the interior portion of the nest to the exterior portion and vice versa. A good turner in a well-regulated environment incubator should exclude the need for that.
However, if one is hand turning in a lesser incubator, it would help to move them around the incubator as well.
It probably is a good idea to use higher humidity with duck eggs because ducks are usually wet when they return to the nest. Duck eggs are thicker and more porous, so they absorb that water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom