Hatch along! Come pick an egg

Pics
So I candled last night and everything if looking good. Still looking good as far as I can see with a phone flashlight. Still enough to see movement and enough details that I need to see.
Any idea what the dots mean. This is not a picture of my eggs but use for reference:
1700231077559.png

Would an actual candle lighter make this better?? And make the dots disappear??

So I candled last night and everything if looking good. Still looking good as far as I can see with a phone flashlight. Still enough to see movement and enough details that I need to see.
Any idea what the dots mean. This is not a picture of my eggs but use for reference:
View attachment 3685618
Some eggs can look speckled, not sure why, this egg still looks good to me.

View attachment 3685618
I believe the spots on the eggs are due to the bloom, some are better than others.

I’ve used an egg candler and it’s a little bit easier to see more detail because you can get a seal around the egg to focus more light inside. I used my phone for a long time though.

2 days to lock down. I seen somewhere here about using a rope to keep the eggs in place well the chicks are trying to pip, and I think that is a great idea!
I forget who did this or I would give them credit for the great idea. I have some rope - brand new and not too thick that I think would work perfectly!

2 days to lock down. I seen somewhere here about using a rope to keep the eggs in place well the chicks are trying to pip, and I think that is a great idea!
I forget who did this or I would give them credit for the great idea. I have some rope - brand new and not too thick that I think would work perfectly!
@gimmie birdies does the rope thing all the time, I think it's a fabulous way to hatch eggs!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/chicken-egg-spin-the-wheel.1600093/post-27220586

Back
Top Bottom