Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

well we had a slight set back with the coop building. one wall got cut wrong but hopefully we cna still get it finished today if not then definitely tomorrow.

tomorrow is also lockdown for our first set of eggs which look prett good and should be on time at day 14 candling they were very dark and prett well filled the egg. so hopefully some chicks by tuesday...we have another batch of eggs due on friday so they are a few days apart...so how should we go about doing the lockdown with the first set of eggs?
With a 3 day gap on lockdown I just split the difference. Lock the 1st batch down a day & a half late & the 2nd batch a day & a half early. Unless you get an early pip from batch 1 just stop turning them at day 18 & turn the rest for another day & a half, then raise humidity & lock everyone down. If you get an early pipper lock everyone down at 1st pip.

And 3rd post is a charm,
MY GOOSE EGG HATCHED yesterday.

Of course this creature will be called Nessie
Awwwwwwwww

Last edited:
well we had a slight set back with the coop building. one wall got cut wrong but hopefully we cna still get it finished today if not then definitely tomorrow.
Wow, not envying you trying to get it built with as cold as it is! Good luck! Hope it goes better for you!
Here are pictures of the 9 I had hatch in one group.

The lemon ones are Salmon Fav. - I'm really hoping a pair.

The top hat is a fancy polish named Leslie

The black is a mixed EE from my flock

The rest are adorable owl looking EE from a friend's flock, all from sky blues eggs & the roo is wheaten so looks like they will be also.l..

Congrats on the good hatch rates!!! They are all adorable, but this last pic is just so darn cute!! Love the 'don't you dare make fun of my hair' look!!!
love.gif

And 3rd post is a charm,
MY GOOSE EGG HATCHED yesterday.

Of course this creature will be called Nessie
Yep, looks like a sea creature!! LOL... I'll wait for fluffy pics to before I say 'cute'!
gig.gif

Here are pictures of the 9 I had hatch in one group. The lemon ones are Salmon Fav. - I'm really hoping a pair. The top hat is a fancy polish named Leslie The black is a mixed EE from my flock The rest are adorable owl looking EE from a friend's flock, all from sky blues eggs & the roo is wheaten so looks like they will be also.l..
they are soo cute. we have chicks due tuesday cant wait to get more fluffy butts :D We Candles last night and 4 good eggs had movement and were super full that are due tuesday but then we have 9 welsummer eggsdue friday. all we want is one hen lol weve had such bad luck with getting hens lol

Wow, not envying you trying to get it built with as cold as it is!   Good luck!  Hope it goes better for you!
 Congrats on the good hatch rates!!!   They are all adorable, but this last pic is just so darn cute!!   Love the 'don't you dare make fun of my hair' look!!! :love
Yep, looks like a sea creature!!  LOL... I'll wait for fluffy pics to before I say 'cute'! :gig

ha yes yesteday was definitely a cold one...we got a lot done though and once the sun came out itmwasnt too bad. atleast today will be a little warmer. today is assembly day hopefully everything goes as planned and it goes up easily. we are putting insulation so thats what we have to do once we get it to nicks house...we built it in pieces in my garage since my dad was helping and it was easier that way so we just were able to keep it in the garage when we werent working on it. hopefully tonight i will be posting a finished coop picture :)

Well looks like we have another broody hen.... so will be in search of Dorking or Cornish hatching eggs to give her. We don't need show quality, but would prefer some decent quality heritage stock if we can find it. Will be cruising the want ad section I think!
barnie.gif

Well looks like we have another broody hen.... so will be in search of Dorking or Cornish hatching eggs to give her. We don't need show quality, but would prefer some decent quality heritage stock if we can find it. Will be cruising the want ad section I think!
barnie.gif
yay! I love hearing stories of broody hens! :) Can't wait to see how it goes.

our eggs just went into lockdown tonight!
fl.gif
love having those little fuzzy butts!

We are so close to being done!! the coop is completely assembled (the girls are in it tonight)
but we ran out of time and energy to fix the run to the new coop! but now it is just the little things we have to add to make everything just right.
the girls were so confused the whole day I don't think i've ever heard the so loud as we were taking out their old coop and putting together the new one.

here is an ok picture of two of the girls going in to check out their new coop. Our older hen went in and got nice and cozy right away lol
seeing this one next to our old one its funny to see the size difference.

I'll add more pictures once everything is finished. Thinking about adding it to the coop design section since have the drawings and it turned out pretty well.

What we do for our girls........
idunno.gif
gig.gif

lol well we did say if we don't get any hens this time we are just going to buy the breed we want that are sexed or older and we know what they are. but we are still hoping to hatch some hens lol

If you still don't get any let me know. I have over 70 pullets still available.
gig.gif
darn thing didn't quote.
lol well we did say if we don't get any hens this time we are just going to buy the breed we want that are sexed or older and we know what they are. but we are still hoping to hatch some hens lol

Back
Top Bottom