Hatch-Along - Setting eggs this weekend (Jan5/6) WHOS WITH ME!

Im am about to candle all of my 24 shipped eggs (blues, greens, olives and 1 marans) I hope I can see in them. Wish me luck and Ill be back shortly with the results.

Im am about to candle all of my 24 shipped eggs (blues, greens, olives and 1 marans) I hope I can see in them. Wish me luck and Ill be back shortly with the results.
fl.gif

You bring up a really good point with the weather. It was really cold where we are the week he collected the eggs, single digits. I was thinking about how warm I kept them on the way home, but who knows how long they were sitting in his nesting boxes. If I don't collect eggs 2-3 times a day, they are frequently frozen in January. Or, maybe it was the stacking in the incubator.

Taking notes, learning lessons.
I would be more inclined to blame the weather if they didn't begin to form at all. Even with lowered temps caused by stacking they should have at least tried to start. Also, cold weather makes for less active roos as well. They are more worried about keeping warm than chasing the girls.

LOL my kids know the flash light is mine. Ive drilled it into their tiny cute heads. They wont go near it lol. Ok now Im really off to candle.

LOL my kids know the flash light is mine. Ive drilled it into their tiny cute heads. They wont go near it lol. Ok now Im really off to candle.
Mine have been drilled WITH the flashlight a few times, but they're hard headed & it just doesn't sink in
roll.png
They seem to think that since they can't keep track of their flashlight that means they can lose mine too.

I have the same problem my son LOVES flashlights he has had probly a dozen in the past couple years no idea what happens to them there worse then socks they just vanish in that black hole of a room of his. He swipes my flash light some times but I get all over him about it so luckly it dosnt happen as often as it use too.

I candled again this evening and I am on day 7, 8, and 9 and of my 9 eggs left 8 have great movement! So exciting seeing those babies moving around!! The one I don't see anything in, does have a large dark area but, I don't see air sac growth or the black dot, just a dark blob sorta. Leaving it for a few more days just in case. Good luck w everyone's candling!

Back
Top Bottom