hatch along with me!!!! march 3rd is hatch date :) PIPING ALLREADY!!!!

Glad to hear hatches are progressing keywestchick, steelerfan43, et al.!!!! And good luck gckiddhouse! I hope someone can help you with your question. Sorry to hear about the chicks silkieluver07 but so glad you have 5! That is awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Jus' wanted to share a pic of little Camellia. She came from a blue/splash flock so I am really hoping she's a splash. *fingers crossed* As you can see, she has two broody mommas. They are practically glued side by side and are good mommas to the 3 chickies.
love.gif

20375_20100303_peeking.jpg

Quote:
that is just the most beautiful pic!!! Motherhood is always easier with other mothers supporting you. Guess chickens think so too. I think that is so special that they are doing it together!!

My broody's clutch is due to hatch on 27th (ST. Patrick's Day!) I just candeled and 5/6 eggs are clearly fertile and one egg is a possibility.
I will going! Yay! March chicken hatching!
jumpy.gif

Got up this am one hatched and 1 more pipped......today is supposed to be hatch day!!!!!!! I'm sooo happy my hubby's homemade incubater works.......... keep your fingers crossed the last eggs to hatch our ones I ordered(one pipped so I'm guessing they're ok)

Here are the first 3 chicks:

19636_100_9846.jpg

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is "Steve" being born. We were surprised to see that he is so black. His legs are also black. His mother is a cream colored Polish, his father, an Ameraucana. Hmmm...
19636_100_9844.jpg

19636_100_9848.jpg

19636_100_9850.jpg

And here is the most recent hatchling:

19636_100_9856.jpg

The one with the unabsorbed yolk seems healthy, but unfortunately, he ripped open the sack and has been trailing yolk all over the bator. After a while it seemed to stop leaking and s/he still seems healthy, so we will see.

There is one that was born and looked healthy, but is now laying on its back in the corner and really not moving much. Any ideas what might be wrong? I guess we will just watch and see.

We have one more that is almost here. That will make 7. I definitely put 15 live chicks in at lockdown. The interesting thing is that all the eggs on the right have hatched. The 8 eggs on the left have not even pipped. What is up with that??

Back
Top Bottom