Hatch along!!!

I just put 25 Georgia Giant Bobwhite Quail in my homemade cooler incubator 3 days ago and they should hatch around the 29th of August! So excited!
celebrate.gif

Many years ago I raised Corturnix (sp) for the eggs, but I'm not familiar with Georgia Giant Bobwhite. Did you get them from The Mad Hatcher on eBay? (that's who supplied my CQ's, but I see he had those quail also)

Hoping to hatch here soon - very soon I hope :) My first hatch in a brinsea eco 20 with 25 bantam eggs (bearded silkies and cochins) looking good when last candled on day 17...it's now day 19! No bad odors and I did see a few gentle wobbles yesterday. Having a hard time keeping the humidity up even though I put felt across the full wells and 2 sponges in at lockdown :-( Keep your fingers crossed for them please!

Here's the kicker.... I still have to build the chicken coop!
hide.gif

LOL
lau.gif
ME TOO!
Figured I would take the age old advice of 'counting' my chicks after they hatch! Then it's on!
I haven't even gotten to the candling stage yet and I started lurking on eBay and here on the Buy,Sell,Trade thread!
Lord help me...
Best wishes for a healthy hatching, hope you post lots of pics.

Just found out via a call to Animal Control (due to some missing nectarines and what animal could possibly be pilfering) that we've got raccoons to deal with on top of a rampant coyote population. Said soon-to-be-built coop is going to look like Fort Knox with all the extra fortifications. Well, good to know what's in the area....

Back
Top Bottom