Hatch day was yesterday and so far only one....please help

dbeman

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 12, 2014
Had one pip yesterday evening right on time. It was out this morning when I woke up. Ive left it in the incubator all day. Im affraid to open it to get it out. No other eggs seem to be trying to hatch. No signs of pipping...idk if I should leave new chick in or go ahead and take it out....do I candle to see if anything is devloping?

This is my 2nd time with this set up and I only hatched two out of 8 last time. This time ai have 1 out of 11....any advice would be greatly appreciated

First, do you have a warm, Not too hot brooder, ready to go? If so...then yes remove the chick and put it in there.
Make sure you have room temperature or slightly warmed water in the brooder and chick feed.

It will not make or break your hatch if you open it to get that chick out and candle a few eggs to see if they are still alive or not.
Just be steady. Don't drop an egg and hold the egg steady...don't twist it around/turn it while candling.

First, do you have a warm, Not too hot brooder, ready to go? If so...then yes remove the chick and put it in there.
Make sure you have room temperature or slightly warmed water in the brooder and chick feed.

It will not make or break your hatch if you open it to get that chick out and candle a few eggs to see if they are still alive or not.
Just be steady. Don't drop an egg and hold the egg steady...don't twist it around/turn it while candling.
Yeah Brooder is warm and ready. Moved the baby in there. Candeled the rest and Im confused....some clearly didnt devlope....some stopped....a couple are so dark you cant see through them....

Attachments

• 20230428_193417.jpg
    20230428_193417.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230428_193335.jpg
    20230428_193335.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230428_193315.jpg
    20230428_193315.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230428_193235.jpg
    20230428_193235.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 13
They don't look good.

Quick question... Were you trusting the temperature reading on the incubator itself?
If so, never do that again. Incubators are notorious for not reading the correct temperature. So before you set eggs again, make sure you buy at least one thermometer to calibrate. I keep 4 or 5 thermometers in my incubator at all times So I can tell at one glance what the temperature is in multiple spots.

Overheating happens quickly and it kills quickly.

They don't look good.

Quick question... Were you trusting the temperature reading on the incubator itself?
If so, never do that again. Incubators are notorious for not reading the correct temperature. So before you set eggs again, make sure you buy at least one thermometer to calibrate. I keep 4 or 5 thermometers in my incubator at all times So I can tell at one glance what the temperature is in multiple spots.

Overheating happens quickly and it kills quickly.
Yes I just went by what it said for humidity and temp.

What do you recomend to calibrate one with?

Think the temp fluctuated to much for them to devlope?

Back
Top Bottom