Hatcheries

I ordered 15 chicks from Meyer Hatcheries in Ohio. The shipped 16 chicks from Oh to TX and there was only 1 casualty. So I ended up with all 15 that I paid for. They ship them in a box with some large heating elements like those hand warmers you put in your gloves. When they arrive at the Post Office, they call you to pick them up instead of trying to deliver them to you. Mine spent 2 days in the mail system.

I also ordered from Meyer Hatchery.

I ordered 5 chicks last summer and all are alive and well.
Very happy with them, never had any get sick or any problems.
My girls have started to lay and I'm so proud.
:cd
I also love their Meyer Meal Program, you get a free chick if you promise to donate the meat or eggs to someone in need. What a great idea.
:cd

I have an order from ideal being shipped today from tx to Illinois I. Will update when I get them. Overall I think it has to do more with luck than anything else locatiion etc my post office is so small I called and let them know my chicks were coming they were excited and said she would put them on her desk.benifits of living in a very rural area my town only has 30 houses the town with the post office only has 700 people.

Misbhaven, Did you get an email from ideal saying your order was sent out today? I to expected my order to be sent but have not heard a word from them. They did tell me that they did not ship any out on Monday due to the weather

No have not gotten an email yet letting know if they were shipped yet or not
But I called to ad a cockrel tues and I was told my order was going out as planned.

Last edited:
OK Thank you. If you get your chicks and have a second or two to spare would you please let me know. I can't get them to answer my email, I guess maybe Ill call.

I'm curious how fast they ship and how the cold weather affected them

Good luck

OK Thank you. If you get your chicks and have a second or two to spare would you please let me know. I can't get them to answer my email, I guess maybe Ill call.

I'm curious how fast they ship and how the cold weather affected them

Good luck

we didn't get them today...I did get a scare i live in an old unincorparated town lots are smewhere between 1/2 acre and 5 acres and we have a big block of public mailboxes wil several big package boxes my 9 yr old went and checked the mail and cam back with a key...my husband made him run back and check luckily it was just some seeds i had ordered.. waiting on chicks is just as bad as waiting on a baby..we will have to play guess the packing peanut when they come because they don't tell you anywhere what they are ( i asked)...

I wish y'all the best . I'm happy with mine and I would call post office .. Your contact will be on box but the faster you get them the better your luck will be ..

Back
Top Bottom