Not open for further replies.
1. Name of hatchery. IDEAL
2. Shipping Date. May 21st 2008
3. Date arrived. May 23rd 2008 7am
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 40's
5. Number of chickens: 24
6. Number dead at arrival. Zero all were VERY lively
7. Number dead within 2 days. Zero
8. Number dead within a week. not a week yet but the way they are going they will be fine...just two pasty butts but that was fixable. IF I lose any this week I will update this

Forgot to add review:

Ideal was the first hatchery I ordered from and was very pleased with them. They were fine with all my changes I had and didn't get crabby with me
wink.png
I changed my order three times! There was one I didn't like over the phone but the other girls were great. I would order from them again
smile.png
Chicks all seemed happy...one was a little weak but I hand fed it some water and it was fine after that. Then I had two with pasty butt which was easily cured but they are all happy and thriving. I am VERY pleased with them.

Last edited:
1. Name of hatchery...........Welp
2. Shipping Date..........May 13th
3. Date arrived............May 15th
4. Average temperature around arrival.........in the mid-high 40's
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought........25 chickens
6. Number dead at arrival.................14!!!
7. Number dead within 2 days.............None
big_smile.png

8. Number dead within a week........None
lol.png

9. Your customer review..... Despite the REALLY high DOA number I don't blame Welp. Their customer service was great and they are shipping me a complete replacement order on June 2nd. I really think the PO (in transit, not my local PO) did something very bad to my babies to have that many die. One of the chicks was almost dead when she arrived but she is doing great now. All of the "survivors" are really healthy and growing like weeds!! I am really nervous about my replacements... I really hope they arrive safely this time. This was my first time ordering chicks and it was devastating to get such a quiet box...
hit.gif
but again, Welp was very understanding and is sending me a complete replacement...

My Replacement Order!

1. Name of hatchery...........Welp
2. Shipping Date..........June 2nd
3. Date arrived............June 4th
4. Average temperature around arrival.........in the low-mid 80's
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought........25 chickens (Got 29!)
6. Number dead at arrival.................NONE!!!
7. Number dead within 2 days.............NONE
big_smile.png

8. Number dead within a week........NONE
lol.png

9. Your customer review..... I was SO HAPPY when I got my replacement order and the box was LOUD! This time they added in an extra rooster of each roo breed I requested (3) and one extra pullet! They packaged them in a 2 compartment box instead of the smaller box I got the first time. They also had all of the cockerels marked with blue paint, which was really nice!

Every single chick was alive this time and they were MUCH peppier than the first bunch. I think the postal trucks really banged up the first crew. I got some REALLY nice chicks this time. Even the random brown and white layers I ordered are of different breeds than they were in the first batch... so I have a really nice mixed flock now... Of course now I have almost 50 chickens!! AHHH!
big_smile.png

I would use Welp again. I really do think this was a problem with the PO shipping. They replaced the complete order without question and did it VERY well!

Edited to add replacement order info
smile.png

Last edited:
1. Name of hatchery.
Ideal Poultry

2. Shipping Date.
um. I've order twice from the feed store and once on my own.

3. Date arrived.
the day after they were due

4. Average temperature around arrival.
about 75 if not 80

5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought.
40-50 chickens(can't remember we ate a lot of roosters)& 13 ducks
6. Number dead at arrival. 3 ducks at feed store none at home
7. Number dead within 2 days.
None
8. Number dead within a week.
2 chicks from my last order and 1 duckling

9. Your customer review.
Birds arrive strong and healthy, but aren't really show quality if thats what you want.

1. Name of hatchery. Cackle
2. Shipping Date. 4/16/08
3. Date arrived. 4/18/08
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 57 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 29 chicks
6. Number dead at arrival. zero
7. Number dead within 2 days. zero
8. Number dead within a week. zero

9. Your customer review.
We are happy to report that all 29 are doing great! They are beautiful chicks!

I'm so happy to hear that about Cackle even though I haven't heard from them yet! ARRRGH!

1. Name of hatchery. holdenread waterfowl
2. Shipping Date. May 20th 2008
3. Date arrived. May 21st 2008 10am
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 60's
5. Number of ducks ordered: 6 welsh harlequins and 4 mini appleyards, got an extra mini
6. Number dead at arrival. Zero all were VERY lively
7. Number dead within 2 days. Zero
8. Number dead within a week. Zero

comments: very very happy with my duckies. very healthy and growing well. would def order from them again.

1. Name of hatchery. - My Pet Chicken
2. Shipping Date. - 5/27/08
3. Date arrived. 5/28/08
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 60 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 5 chicks
6. Number dead at arrival. 0
7. Number dead within 2 days. none so far

9. Your customer review. Overall an excellent experience. They seem a bit hard to get ahold of on the phone (took several calls) but once I did, excellent customer service. I wanted chicks shipped ASAP. They were able to contact the hatchery they use to identify which pullets were avialble for the next week and let me pick from them. So my Friday order shipped the following Tuesday. I was really worried about the chicks as there were only 5 in the box, but they arrived happy and chirping. I would highly recommend them to anyone who just wanted a few chickens but wanted rarer breeds and sexed chicks. They shipped in a box which had been packed to make a kind of nest and they had a little heat pad which was still warm when I put them in the brooder. My only concern would be there was a lot of extra room in the box, so if the post office was not careful with your order it seems the chicks could be more easily hurt then when they are packed together...

1. JM Hatchery
2. Shipped 5/29/08
3. Received 5/30/08
4. Don't know the temp upon arrival
5. Purchased 15 Red Bro Broilers
6. All alive upon receipt
7. No losses in 2 days
8. Hasn't been a week yet but these are thriving and very healthy and I anticipate no losses.

Friendly customer service where I received a callback on Memorial Day! Very professional!
yippiechickie.gif

1. Name of hatchery. - welp hatchery
2. Shipping Date. - 5/19/08
3. Date arrived. 5/21/08
4. Average temperature arround arrival. 40 degrees
5. Number of chickens, ducks, geese, etc bought. 37
6. Number dead at arrival. 0
7. Number dead within 2 days. none so far

customer review: I love this hatchery and will order again from them If i go the hatchery route. I ordered 37 chicks and got five extras. The roo's were all marked with a red marker which I loved and the extras were in roos in what I already ordered roos from.

Ideal
SD.3/17/08
AD.3/19/08
# ordered 16 got 22
Number dead at arrival. 0
Number dead within 2 days. 0
Number dead within a week.0
All very healthy and all alive at 11 weeks. Not the friendliest and not a fan of 6 extra roos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom