Hatchery Information

I never got anything from him, but I have read several posts from people pleased with his stock. I know there are folks on here that Have bought from him. You might try putting the name porter in your title and generate some more interest.

I have an order in,will get them the end of May.This is the first time i have ordered from them.I have communicated with Kevin alot through e-mail and he is great to deal with.I'am sure i will be pleased with my poults.

We have bought Poults from him a few times. He's great!! Here are a few pics of some of the toms all grown up.

35387_img_0057.jpg

35387_mottled_tom3.jpg

35387_pen_palm_tom.jpg

35387_black_spanish.jpg

I ordered some White Hollands, Bourbon Reds, and Regal Reds from him last year. The only problem that I had was that the poults weren't day olds as I expected. I didn't use the fast shipping method and some of them didn't make it (they were a few weeks old and they don't do as well in shipping as day olds). The WH are beautiful birds, I am very pleased with them. Unfortunately, I ended up with just one each of the RR and BR. He wrote and told me how to cross the two to get more RR's, but it won't work because of course both turned out to be toms.

But Kevin is great to work with, and a great source of information (his knowledge of genetics is amazing!). He offered to refund me for the losses, but after we discussed it we decided that we would take care of that on a future order (my suggestion). He is always willing to talk to you about the turkeys, and very patient.

I really liked the eggs I got from him. They were one of my best hatches on shipped eggs. They did really well as adults also.

I received a lovely order of poults from Porters last year and they were lovely, healthy and happy birds. I ordered late in the year, so the poults were of different ages (he informed me of this ahead of time, didn't sneak it in on me) and I didn't get all the breeds I wanted, but it was a small order, the minimum of 15, and he didn't have one breed I wanted laying at the time. Communication was great and I felt he really cared about the birds. You won't be disappointed!

I have ordered from Porter several times and have had nothing but completely positive experiences. He is very knowledgeable and will take time to answer questions. Have ordered both eggs and poults. Everything was perfect. Have another order due in late May or early June.

Awesome feedback guys and gals thank you very much !!! I am really starting to look forward to getting my poults from them. We have 10 Bourbon Reds 3 chocolates 3 black Bronzes and 3 Sweetgrass coming. Who knows maybe I wont get all 10 BR and get a surprise substitute!!

Most people in turkey breeding have no choice but to have heard of him, Kevin is kind of the King of heritage domestic turkeys, you wont go wrong with his stock. A lot of the new colors available today are from his work with them, never heard anything but good out of him!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom