Order In To Porters Today

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
I’ve always raised bourbon reds because they are what most people around my area have. I’m selling my last 2 hens in the morning and will be Turkey free until May. I’m trying the tiger bronze and the fall fire from porters. I wanted the sweet grass color and saw that fall fire will produce this. Has anyone had any experience with these birds? I’m thinning out my chicken herd now and planning on going straight Turkey.
IMG_3678.jpg
IMG_3679.jpg

I’m guessing these are just heritage breed like the bourbons are I think I got hung up on bourbons being the best tasting Turkey there was. But I hunt wild turkeys. Honestly fried Turkey breast taste like fried Turkey breast to me.

I’m guessing these are just heritage breed like the bourbons are I think I got hung up on bourbons being the best tasting Turkey there was. But I hunt wild turkeys. Honestly fried Turkey breast taste like fried Turkey breast to me.
They are heritage varieties. All domestic turkeys are the breed Turkey.

In my opinion, properly fed, home raised turkeys all taste good. I found no difference in taste between the broad breasted and heritage vsrieties.

I prefer mine stuffed and roasted. They benefit from the self basting from the layer of fat under their skin.

Back
Top Bottom