Hatchery Jersey Giants

No, they dont. Probably for the best though anyways.

IDEAL has NNs and australorps, I'm just not sure about the JGs.
It seems Ideal has a variety they are calling Black Giants and the description mentions JGs but it isn’t clear if what they are selling are actually JGs. I guess I should contact them to be sure. Do you have any experience with Ideal?

It seems Ideal has a variety they are calling Black Giants and the description mentions JGs but it isn’t clear if what they are selling are actually JGs. I guess I should contact them to be sure. Do you have any experience with Ideal?
Yes. Their birds are not always up to standard, but almost all of mine I have gotten in the past 2 years are very healthy if they male it past the shipping stress phase

Yes. Their birds are not always up to standard, but almost all of mine I have gotten in the past 2 years are very healthy if they male it past the shipping stress phase
As with all living things, they are individuals so you have to allow for some variance and I understand that. I have very realistic expectations. I’m glad to hear that you’ve had a good experience with Ideal. They are in the top 3 hatcheries I’ve been looking at. Thank you for your feedback/ insights.

As with all living things, they are individuals so you have to allow for some variance and I understand that. I have very realistic expectations. I’m glad to hear that you’ve had a good experience with Ideal. They are in the top 3 hatcheries I’ve been looking at. Thank you for your feedback/ insights.
I will say though that they are not my favorite for silkies. Just invade you considered using them for those birds. They're the main ones I had physical faults with.

According to Ideal, the chicks they have listed as Black Giants are Jersey Giants. I’m hoping to end up with at least one broody Australorp or Naked Neck. From what I understand the odds are in my favor there.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Black Jersey Giants from any of the large commercial hatcheries? I’m looking for large birds as close to standards as I can get. I understand a breeder would be the best bet but that is not in the budget at the moment. I’m not looking to show/sell birds. I’m looking to start a mixed flock of dual purpose birds(Black Jersey Giants, Australorps, and Turkens/Naked Necks 10 of each straight run) and I’m hoping to get some Giant Roos as sires strictly for sustainability. Again my focus is on size. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
You're not anywhere near Ohio, are you?! We have lots of Black Jersey Giant roosters...almost 5 months old 😁

Back
Top Bottom