hatchery oriental game breeds

thers more farms tnat breed real orientals thers new inprof breeds gamenes is ther blood if u have gamnes 100% it means that u have topblood lines if ur orientals are not gamenes it means thers someting wrong maybe ther cornish ! for show u have to have the real thing ! just like you have hens for eggs or meat the orientals are game

Gameness in show lines has mostly been bred out. Especially in the Malay. I prefer the lacking of gameness as I like my males being able to coexist together. I do not have Malay yet, but would eventually like to get some. I will be getting some that lack the game, simply because I don't want a massacre going on.

Man I'd love to get some good saipans. I thought about ordering a large amout from ideal and then keeping only the best of the bunch and breeding them. I've had good luck from Ideal so I thought they would be the best bet as far as hatchery birds.

Lots of good information already here, let's keep it coming!! Has anybody on here bought saipan from Cackle? How were they? I don't think most Malay in the USA or elsewhere are terribly game , whether bought from a breeder, or not they are more of an exhibition bird now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that pea comb and hard feathering both are dominant traits...so, if hatcheries cross up oriental breeds, it should not be very visible in those areas. I think the the more upright tail carriage is dominant, and possibly? the more horizontal body carriage as well, so I'm thinking that is where the crossing will immediately be obvious visually. Am I right? I'm sure the size will be poor, every hatchery bird I have ever had save a few rare exceptions, was smaller than they should be .

You would be correct, many breeds, including non-oriental gamefowl (Modern games) have a more horizontal body now. But, in the case of the Modern games, it's probably simply because they are not evaluating their breeder birds as they should be.

I do not show or sport, but my games are aggressive towards each other if confined. Though they are fine with me. As sporting is illegal and that leaves just showing I would think the gamer the cock, would not be good around other birds, especially birds they are unfamiliar with. My roos even will kill wild birds if they can catch them. Even the hens are not tolerant of birds not from the flock.

This is fine for me as I want the strong survival instinct so they can remain healthy and be able to defend. I would not consider any bird kept in a cage around birds that were not part of the flock and would not tear at the cage game.

Back
Top Bottom