hatchery oriental game breeds

Quote:
Do you have contact information for Superior Farms?

I did, but it won't do you much good anymore. The owner shut down the farm and sold off all the breeding stock.

Hey Rodruegis, looked over your Langshans, greatstuff...Keep up the good work.
Nice birds. Is that one a chocolate? beautiful bird

I too have seen a couple hatchery birds that have done well..I have seen some breeder birds that were spectacular and I have seen a few breeders somehow have these outstanding birds but suddenly a big color problem willcrop up, It usually never a small thing. I have seen some pretty outstanding strange things happen in breeder birds, lord only knows where these things crop up from,a previous experiment or too much inbreeding? Not sure.
With hatcheries you have to sift hrough a lot to find one or 2 decent birds, ..I just bought some breeders australorps, bigger and better lets say..somone already put in the time to make them better. Some breeds are very tough to find from any breeder and some are not just depends on what your looking for....Its a long journey to find australorps.the greats are in australia. most hatcheries will sometimes put things that dont really belong in the breed to be correct.. probably to give them larger hatch.

I know everyone says get from breeders only, but just know that some breeds are very -- very tough to find...I have been on a 20 year journey to find some decent australorps, after all this time I only just recently found some show breeder birds, a lot of these people are very busy and dont get on the internet much. one breeder was right in my back yard the whole time and I didnt even know it as they dont do the internet but you can sure see thier name in APA winnings. Never realized they were that close to me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks aveca! Which one are you looking at for the chocolate? I haven't seen any of them come out chocolate, all black with 2 blues. Hoping to get some good blues with this hatch though.

Would love to see some chocolate Langshans, but I'll wait until I get some of my other projects under way!
big_smile.png

i bought some bbred malay game chickens and asils from ideal poultry/hatchery the malays were very good and won me reserve large fowl at colorado state fair but the asils were light on the brown in the hens and the males were a tat bit small but non the less good show quality

Wanted to show some young birds I ordered from ideal. Saipan, malay, and shamo. They are right about eight weeks old. Let me know what you guys think or if they aren't that hot ;)

Back
Top Bottom