Hatchery Shout-out

warmfuzzies

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
I just have to share for anyone who is shopping around. We love Welp! Not only are they the cheapest I have found (and I have done a lot of shopping
roll.png
) but they are VERY healthy chicks. Ours arrived Yesterday morning. They are all thriving, no sick or dead on arrival, and they are quite vigorous! they were hopping out of the box at the P.O. and I didn't teach them to eat at all, they just started right up on their own. We ordered 45 and got 48, so not a lot of extras but a few. They send less this time of year because it is hot.

This is the first time I have ordered from Welp but I have added orders on to a friends several times, and we have never had one dead on arrival. They always arrive in wonderful shape. This is not the best hatchery for small orders (they stick to the 25 bird minimum) but we have never been disappointed and I will keep using them every time!!

316964_10150321312309055_504059054_8075020_1540692751_n.jpg

Congrats.
smile.png

The health of the chicks though is just dependent on how far away the hatchery is from you and how the weather was.

Quote:
I ordered from Ideal, which is only 4 hours away from me, and one was squished in the box and another one died after that
sad.png
and the weather was fine
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I ordered from Ideal, which is only 4 hours away from me, and one was squished in the box and another one died after that
sad.png
and the weather was fine
sad.png

Im so sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
sad.png
and the weather was fine
sad.png

Im so sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif

Yes, me too.
sad.png
The squished one was special, it was a white Amercauna...I really wanted white
sad.png

The hatcheries are all far from us. The chick still has to be healthy to begin with to make it safely.
wink.png
We have both good and bad stories from other hatcheries, but Welp has always done us right.

Thanks for the info....hmmm maybe some more chicks??? i think my mom would go crazy.
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif

BTW they are sooo cute.
jumpy.gif
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom