hatching cayuga duck eggs

I have 10 live healthy eggs in there too though so I'm thinking its not something wrong in my incubator....

Cayuga eggs I got from ipcb on eBay.
But this persons eggs dont make it in my experience. if this cayuga makes it it will be one living of 14 shipped from ipcb. They only mark the box fragile so if you do decide to order them I would request for them to mark the box with hatching eggs as well to ensure more gentle handling.
But that's just my opinion.

They should MOST definitely put hatching eggs on the box, I was told by the corporate office of the us postal if you don't they will rough handle them.. Now that they have included insurance on priority and I can tell you they started doing that because of a box that they lost for 3 weeks and the eggs started to develop.. The one person worked with me and apparently she too was a chicken lover she went over and beyond for me because of the lost box.. When I told her the chicks started to develop, didn't make it but did start to develop, she started crying on the phone with me.. Lol. Since that day, that's when they started to include insurance because a box missing for 3 weeks is unheard of.. Guess it pays to really *****...

Here's the one Cayuga duckling on lockdown day. fingers toes etc crossed and praying for a safe healthy hatch!

I'm looking for some Cayuga Eggs where did you get them. I have asked a few people if they any but they are all in molt now.

My eggs didn't hatch. I used a digital thermometer and it was off over 10* didn't get anything.
Metzer farms will ship you 10 or more at 2.70 era plus $5/20 eggs shipping materials. So for ten you'd pay approx $32. Cayuga ducklings are available now thru Dec 9 w/ metzer. They guarantee 80% fertility as long as you report it by day 14 candling. Pretty sweet deal.
Way better than my eBay catastrophe....
Good luck!

I'm looking for some Cayuga Eggs where did you get them. I have asked a few people if they any but they are all in molt now.

My eggs didn't hatch. I used a digital thermometer and it was off over 10* didn't get anything.
They didn't hatch before lockdown or after lockdown? off by 10? on the humidity end or temp?

They didn't hatch before and after lockdown. I had one that almost made to the end but never hatched at all. The temp was off by 10*.

I have 8 in there now. Out of the 8 I can see 6 that have a tiny heart beat. The other two I can't tell. I just got these on 10/17. I can't wait for them to hatch. I have 6 RIR eggs are are due to hatch today.

Ill see how these go then maybe ill order some from Metzer. Thanks got the heads up on that!!!

Last edited:
Hi,
I have read alot of comments and I see that a few people use homemade incubators. Can anyone tell me how to make one? I tried one from Youtube but it didn't work.

I have about 15 hens/Roosters and 4 ducks who lay daily. Would like to have more.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks All.

Back
Top Bottom