Hatching chicks and ducklings together?

So you are saying that a large incubator manufacturer has a "GUIDE" out there that has a number of things wrong with it, but you can't tell us what's wrong? I checked their website and the same guide is still there, no changes. I would be happy to delete the pic if I believed it were inaccurate.
I don't have any problems with telling you my opinion as what's wrong, First thing that stands out, Is DUCKS, ducks take 27 to 29 days. Last time I checked, a call duck is a duck, they do not take 27-29, they take 26 days, so according to that chart, you should stop turning your call duck on day 25? Really one day before hatching day? We all know chickens are 21 days but yet according to this it could be 20 to 22 days, OK then I get to stop my chicken eggs on day 17 not day 18 because it's three days before hatching day right?

I just don't understand how can they give you an accurate stop turning day which usually means lock down day but can't on a hatching day. You think the stop turning day would be an estimated day too like 17-19 stop turning.. I know Kathy had an issue with Peacocks, I can't elaborate on them since I do not deal with that type of breed.

With all that in mind and that's just some of the basic things I notice, tells me this is not accurate..

I'm not asking you to delete the pic, Please don't get me wrong, I'm just saying somethings on it stood out and for me I would not go by it.

Here they are, 4 chiltern whites, one mallard and one Rouen I think, I'm not sure. They were swimming in the paddling pool, they were 2 weeks old, not day olds.

Last edited:
They should add call ducks with the call duck specs. Hopefully anyone hatching Calls will do a bunch of research and figure it out.

-Kathy

Totally agree with that! I have definitely learned that calls are in their own category on about everything! And I don't even do calls lol

Back
Top Bottom