Hatching chicks and ducklings together?

All depends on what kind of Duck eggs. Some duck eggs take 35 days some take 26 days are different. So we need to know what kind of duck eggs you are trying to put in there.

I was talking to him earlier on the phone forgot to ask what type again :/ ahah but he told me they take 28 days

Last edited:
NO, from day 1 to three days before due date keep the ducks humidity around 50 to 55 same with chickens.   You just need to time it perfectly so they all get lockdown at the same time
'After the three days does it go up to 65%?

You can start them at the same time. The only difference is that you will also need to stop turning your duck eggs on day 18. I don't know if that can cause any trouble for the duckling or not if you don't turn until day 24. You don't want to risk opening your incubator while your chicks are hatching to turn the eggs because the chicks may not hatch if the humidity gets lowered.

So if I put eggs in at different times they should hatch as I had put them in correct.
I am using a still air incubator with a auto egg turner I have about a week to go before my first chick is set to hatch so I am trying to plan a head but I think its going to go badly do to the different days they was put in the incubator I can see my unhitching's IE candle and are coming along nicely but fear the lock down do to this any suggestions what I need to do to save the flock?

So if I put eggs in at different times they should hatch as I had put them in correct.
I am using a still air incubator with a auto egg turner I have about a week to go before my first chick is set to hatch so I am trying to plan a head but I think its going to go badly do to the different days they was put in the incubator I can see my unhitching's IE candle and are coming along nicely but fear the lock down do to this any suggestions what I need to do to save the flock?

Yes, when you put the eggs in the incubator that is when they begin to develop. If you are incubating different eggs that require different incubation times, it is best to put the ones in that take the longest, and then add the others so that the hatch day for all the eggs will be the same. Like if ducks take 28 days and chicks take 21 days you would want to start the duck eggs first then 7 days later add the chicks. This way you will have better outcomes with your hatch, and don't lose any of the moisture that the eggs needs during the hatch process.

Yes, you want to raise the humidity to at least 65%, if incubating ducks then you may want it higher, more so around 75-80%.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom