Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

IMG_3307.JPG
IMG_3308.JPG
IMG_3312.JPG
IMG_3315.JPG
IMG_3316.JPG
My Ducks new Winter set up..inside that shed is the heat lamp blocked off by tiny square wire so no bedding gets through..Last night they were so happy..Straw bales and a tarp to block out wind an added insulation..Hope you like my Pictures..The front of the shed under the roof is all vented...

Last edited:
I'll post another picture today...What your looking through is a plexiglass window my Husband added to the Door...Its really cute...Today I will hang Christmas lights also....:hugs
I'm so happy my little Calls are happy...They were getting pretty cold the last few days....:th

I have a boot tray to catch spilled water and feed...I only feed them in the morning inside the shed..Then they will be put outside for the day till late afternoon.. with feed and water...Then fed supper and watered for an hour and then with held again till morning....

@onaharley this is my winter set up...More pictures coming today ....temp is -18C outside....
The heat lamp set up is a great idea!! We have been dealing with rain......lots of it!!! My ducks will go in their house only during the day and when I'm out there.. they're still unsure of it I guess! :lau

This week we will be putting up our winter sides, but I still don't know if I'm gonna do plastic or just recycle metal we have a stockpile of, so many choices and not enough time!! Your place looks great:D

I have all new Ducks this year and most were rescues or not trained to go into the house I provided..Pretty much you need to lock them in each night...Ducks are not like Chickens and go in to sleep..Only Penelope a White Call hen is an original Duck..Monkey see, Monkey do.....

IMG_3317.JPG
IMG_3318.JPG
Happy Ducks...Will not come out today..They know a good thing..Better than cold..

I totally love my Ducks...Not all came from a great place but I sure do my best to give them a Happy life..

Last edited:
View attachment 1179276 View attachment 1179277 View attachment 1179278 View attachment 1179279 View attachment 1179280 My Ducks new Winter set up..inside that shed is the heat lamp blocked off by tiny square wire so no bedding gets through..Last night they were so happy..Straw bales and a tarp to block out wind an added insulation..Hope you like my Pictures..The front of the shed under the roof is all vented...

I really do like your heat lamp idea. Great. Your ducks look very happy in their new setup.

Back
Top Bottom