Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Pics
No, I have the other two and a Saxony.......hmmm? I can not say in all honesty?......i also have my Calls.....I can say the breeds I do have are fantastic and my best little puppies!!!

Bouncers Dad still is imprinted on me and comes running as soon as I Quack or call Kids.....lol

Cheers!

What breed(s) is Bouncer? Is he mixed?
I have heard of many situations where a duck or ducks imprint on someone, and then the people have no choice but to let the duck live inside because the duck gets distressed if the imprinter goes away. How did this work with Bouncer's Dad, as it seems he is outside?
....Is Bouncer's dad as cute as Bouncer? :love

Yes, Bouncers Dad is Beautiful....He is the Welsh Drake if you look back through this thread i posted D.W......He and actually a Buff Hen Daisy are imprinted. D.W. Is just stronger in his connection to me......No issues moving them out if you do things right....Bouncer will be fine also once he gets other Ducklings to play with.....I would never think of keeping him as a house Duck....He needs to be a Duck.....For now I will be his Mom and teacher.....he is happy and thriving......lol
I also think he is Welsh/Saxony crossed....but I do have Welsh/Buff in the incubator....He was a green egg and have big white ones setting.......

Thanks so much........

Last edited:
Bouncer is growing!!!!

Goose neck!

[/URL]
How adorable. I think he'll grow into them.

I candled all 19 Duck eggs in the incubator......11 are doing great......Most are Green eggs like Bouncer came from....I do have some White eggs that are doing great too.....I wish I knew what Hens are laying these eggs?
I do know Bouncer is not a Call cross....He is way too big!!! I will post pictures again soon....I do not care what Hen he is out of.....he is so sweet and Funny.....He now chases the dogs around the house and noodles their feet!!! ......lol...........

Cheers!

I candled all 19 Duck eggs in the incubator......11 are doing great......Most are Green eggs like Bouncer came from....I do have some White eggs that are doing great too.....I wish I knew what Hens are laying these eggs?
I do know Bouncer is not a Call cross....He is way too big!!! I will post pictures again soon....I do not care what Hen he is out of.....he is so sweet and Funny.....He now chases the dogs around the house and noodles their feet!!! ......lol...........

Cheers!

I always wish there was an easy way to tell who was laying what. I was lamenting about this to my grandmother last week who asked why I don't just take a bingo dauber to my ducks butts so that the eggs turn pink.. I do not suggest anyone try this, but I feel like this has to been an ongoing question for those of us who breed. It would be great to not need to build breeding pens and separate birds.

Bingo daubers tho? Oh granny.

I always wish there was an easy way to tell who was laying what. I was lamenting about this to my grandmother last week who asked why I don't just take a bingo dauber to my ducks butts so that the eggs turn pink.. I do not suggest anyone try this, but I feel like this has to been an ongoing question for those of us who breed. It would be great to not need to build breeding pens and separate birds.

Food coloring works too.

Cheers!

I tried bringing in the one Call hen before Bouncer hatched and the poor girl QUACKED her silly head off!!! ......I thought if she was in it would either prove she laid the egg or not??.....oh, well.....might have to buy a Bingo Dabber?......lol......Silly Granny!!!!

Back
Top Bottom