Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok getting ready to open the hatcher And see what made it. Doesnt souund like a good hatch
fl.gif

Okay, so I just had someone ask about one of my chicks, and when I said it was straight run because I don't vent sex, they said, "So feather sexing isn't reliable? Males have all the same length feathers on their wings. Females, every other feather ." Anyone heard this one before?
I have used this method accurately before on certain breeds. Could have been luck, but I have been right 9/10 times. Though the females have a "dip" in the feathering on their wing, not every other length. I will not sell chicks sexed like that though. I won't sell them sexed unless they are an autosexing color breed that is obvious. I don't want someone to end up unhappy with a roo I told them was a hen. It just seems to work for me (even with turkeys. Last spring, I bought two broad breasted bronze from the feed store, after inspecting them I picked out two by using the wing Theory, and I ended up with the male being a male and the hen being the hen.) I guess I could just be really lucky, but I also have bought my BCMs this way and was right and a pair of cochin hens. I was wrong with a blue Marans.

So decided to move Maya to the spare bathroom. Her own space. Hopefully tomorrow goes well. First day home alone for her.
She'll be fine. If you have one of those old ticking clocks, they are good to wrap up in a blanket and put in her sleeping area. will mimic moms heart and keep her company. fingers crossed!

and post pics if you can.... luv luv puppies!

Last edited:
She'll be fine.  If you have one of those old ticking clocks, they are good to wrap up in a blanket and put in her sleeping area.   will mimic moms heart and keep her company.  fingers crossed!

and post pics if you can....  luv luv puppies!

I have not been able to find one of those clocks. Know where I can find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom